Houston Meet Oct 16 2008

Discussion in 'South and Southeast Owners Forum' started by 4B12LancerGTS, Sep 9, 2008.

1. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Hey Whats up My Fellow H-Town Lancer Drivers!

So whats new? Whats good? Lol jk We need a Houston Meet Like for real we are way behind on most ppl who have lancers and are goin to tons of meets. To be honest i have never been to a HTown Lancer meet cuz i guess no one really advertises to much! So cmon Peeps Lets Get together!?!

2. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

lets do this ive been wanting to have one for a while.. count me in!

3. 4B12LancerGTS

Aight so
    1.)4B12LancerGTS
    2.)mikeike8

WHO Else :D

4. ItsJordan

ItsJordan Well-Known Member

Sign me up I am down.

5. 4B12LancerGTS

Alright!

1.)4B12LancerGTS
    2.)mikeike8
    3.)ItsJordan

MORE MORE! :twisted: :twisted:

6. 4B12LancerGTS

7. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

1st. you need to set a firm date and time. don't go changing it up trying to suit everyone because it will never happen.say in a week, or 2 or a month. and stick to it.

2. your also not going to be able to fit everyones willingness on driving distance. so pick a spot and stick to it. start in a central location, then in subsequent meets move closer to other parts of town depending on who comes from where.

3. do 1 and 2 THEN start listing who wants to come.

4. I want to come ;)

PS. i recommend someplace with a large parking lot that won't chase us off as we loiter around outside checkin out each others rides

8. mikeike8

+1 /\ so what are we waiting for!! lol

9. Als09GTS

Als09GTS Active Member

So I assume this thing will be going on some time post-hurricane?

10. lordtygr

hell no.. for anyone interested. I'm going on storm patrol on saturday morning to find the worse spots and see how the GTS really stacks up. I'll be starting out from the Kaleco Auto local storefront 5am saturday morning.

I've prepped my ride for harsh weather conditions by cutting a hole in my hood and used a 10ft stick of sched 40 PVC i picked up from my jobsite to snorkle my intake. And i found a peice of dryer duct that i duct taped to my exhaust to snorkle it also. if water gets too high and i start to float away, i picked up a universal receiver hitch and installed one of those small chrome propellers. those always seem to work well. i'm hoping that after the storm i'll keep it installed. i'm sure it'll give me the extra push i need to get my quater-mile times under 10 sec.

I would take pictures to show you guys, but i've already stored all my belongings in my underground hermetically sealed vault. all i have on me now is the car, a laptop, and a pair of underwear.

btw. i'm sorry i just wasted 5min of your life, i'll get it back to you i swear! :roll:

11. 4B12LancerGTS

Well i appreciate you ^ trying to confirm everything but yes do to this Damn Hurricane i was not able to setup any kind of meet. Unofturnately my car was scraped on the side by something but its not bad no major damages just paint damage. This storm has also put me in a state where im negative in money in my account. So to be able to drive and set up a meet it might have to w8 for myself but you can go ahead and set one up. Oh and a 3.8 V6 Mustangs have no chance against me :twisted:

12. lordtygr

V6 mustangs should be outlawed. it's sacreligious. i survived the storm. my propeller got me out of a few sticky situations. however it did not (and i'm being serious now... no really i am. seriously!!!) save me from the goats that thought my passenger side would be a good place to rub their horns (yes, i know... long story). nothing major, i'm sure i can buff most of it out. so otherwise i did survive the storm. still no power though, running on a generator. i hope everyone else did ok in the storm.

13. 4B12LancerGTS

Luckily My power in Sugar Land was off for about 4 hours then came back on. But i live in a APT and my building plus 3 others out of 15 actually had power so i got lucky. So in a way the storm gave me a nice scrape for electricity this whole time :?

14. Bouss07

Bouss07 Well-Known Member

yo i just moved to texas .. wats new .. any meets. im down for some

15. 4B12LancerGTS

well nothing is new 8) but the hurricane really. Ive been trying to set up meets but its difficult since i work grave yard shifts as a security guard. But soon hopefully we can set one up and get a look at everyones car in the houston areas. Not sure if there will be a TEXAS LANCER meet but perhaps one day. But if you live in the houston area we can work something out! My self i Live in sugar land houston tx so im not far from most of the big cities and towns in houston. But i think eventually we will set one up. Thats why im keeping this thread open! :roll: so lets get list goin still!

So Far

1.)4B12LancerGTS
    2.)mikeike8
    3.)ItsJordan
    4.)lordtygr
    5.)Bouss07

The list is really of whom all is goin to actually want to come so lets get some more then we can talk about where to meet. I think it will mostly be a car show meet than anything else. But like lord said we need a big parking lot and hopefully a lot that does not mind us being there!

16. mikeike8

i think itll be better if we had a time and place set up and then we could go from there... cuz people are down for a meet but noones taken the initiative to start lookin for a place or time and date... anyone have any suggestions and then we can take it from there

17. 4B12LancerGTS

Ok ok hmm so where is everyone located in houston? Im in sugar land and i kno Houston to the T. So if you want to meet in katy we can. Sugar land we can. Galleria area we can. Downtown we can. Stafford we can. Missouri city we can.

Mhmm In sugar Land i kno a spot thats on Highway 6 and Old richmond. Nice size parking lot in front of Frankesteins Bar.

Katy-I-10 and the Grand Parkway where the movie theatre is.

Stafford-Hwy 59 and First Colony Mall. The mall is also a place to set one up or the Movie theatre there.

Also the best time for me to have a meet is wed or thur. cuz those are my days off.

18. ItsJordan

ItsJordan Well-Known Member

Yeah I am down I am not sure about driving to katy for a meet. With the help of ike I kno wlonger have any money to really do anything with and I am also negative at the moment in my account. So I say we set it for a for a few weeks from now. Hopefully by then I can add something to my car besides lights and a damn shark fin lol

p.s. if anyone wants to show me how to put my HIDs on a switch/ bypass drls then plz let me know I would be down for that.

19. 4B12LancerGTS

Lol i hear you my brotha im negative 120 in my account as well it fuckin blows i know it. im goin to raise hell about these insufficient funds fee on monday!

20. 4B12LancerGTS