Homie's BACK!!!!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Homie, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

Hey everybody! It's you good pal Homie! I'm back after a year and a half long absence due to the fact that I no longer owned a Lancer and just found these fourms depressing without one....But!

I got a 2010 Lancer Sportback!

Cheap!

10,500 for a Black Lancer Sportback GTS, with 5,300 miles on it.

The problem!

It's a Salvage title, but it runs and looks like a new car. So needless to say I'm pretty happy about it!

Either way I'm back on the fourms and I'm ready for your input on what I should do to my supercharged grocery getter!

My old Lancer had an Injen Cold air intake, HKS Exhaust, and the RRM suspension kit.
    I know that I will probably buy the suspension kit again, but I was wondering about Exhaust and intakes since it's been a while I figured something better is on the market. As of right now I can't really do much to it since I'm strapped for cash but I'm definatly down for suggestions.

I promise I won't wrap this one around a telephone pole this time!!!

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Well, its good to have you back. As for a salvage car, don't worry about it. My bro in law just finished rebuilding a salvage 02 Trans Am WS6(he does it for a living). Spent 1k on the car and then another 4k building it, then sold it at auction for 10,200. As long as its built right, there isn't anything wrong with having a rebuilt vehicle.

3. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not to worried about it. It sucks that Mitsubishi won't cover anything. But if you weren't told it was a salvage, you'd think it was a brand new car. It's got more bells and whistles then my 08 GTS. I priced the same car but a 2011 and Mitsubishi wanted 26,000 for it. I think I got a hell of a deal. I'll be posting pictures soon.

I plan on debadging it here shortly. I don't know if I should take off everything or leave the mitsubishi symbol on the back hatch. As far as anything else, I'd like to buy an intake and exhaust and whatnot but I wanna see if I can keep the car on the road first before I invest any money into it.

4. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Welcome back Homie. Nice of you to pick up a sportback still not a lot of them floating around. Even if Mitsu doesnt cover anything you can always just go to aftermarket shop for some fixes if need be or buy an aftermarket warranty. Thats one hell of a deal you got most def post some pics when you get a chance.

5. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Welcome back dude! Make sure you send us pix. We like pix :)

Maybe I'll be back to the Mitsubishi camp soon too

6. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Welcome back. I don't really remember you too much, but I love those new sportbacks.

7. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm sure I'm not well remembered. I pissed alot of people off when I asked how to stop the seatbelt chime or when I was talking about my radar detector in my last Lancer.

As far as the sportback...I wasn't keen on it at first but it's definatly grew on me quick. I couldn't beat the price. I thought I was gonna get screwed on the deal but everything has been EXCELLENT. I haven't actually taken the car to Mitsu to have it inspected but I will soon. The only issue I do have with the car is the drivers side doesn't open with the fastkey but it works on the passenger side, I'll get that fixed when it gets inspected. I'm going to try to establish a value for it now that way the insurance doesn't dispute it's value later if it's wrecked.