HIDs

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by goof, Dec 22, 2008.

1. goof

goof Well-Known Member

Which HIDs do u think are the best for the 08 lancer? and where online can i find them? p.s. i kinda wanted 12000k

2. NJ08LancerGTS

NJ08LancerGTS Well-Known Member

i have used 8k, 10k and even 20k and now im using 6k and out of all of them i think 6K is by far the best in term of visability on the road and it look pretty damn good. My hid kits are from WellDone. Srry dont' have a link to the site, i just reformatted my computer.

3. 08Lancer89

08Lancer89 Well-Known Member

4. lancertrips

lancertrips Well-Known Member

I've always wondered about this. I don't want mine to look blueish I'm looking for a very bright white which should I go with?

5. NJ08LancerGTS

6k def! its pure white and will give you the best visabilty on the road hands down!

6. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

^ +1, 6K is diffinetly the way to go if you want the brightess and purest white light.

7. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

8. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

9. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

I have 10,000k and they are a HUGE head turner... and i see perfectly fine with them...

[​IMG]

Also DO NOT pay more than 100$ for a kit EVER... like ive said before, all the "kits" are the same, the brand is just a sticker on the ballast, they all come from the same place.. if you want real quality, you have to piece up a rig yourself, buying everything separately and will cost you $400+

10. goof

goof Well-Known Member

where should i go to get a kit for 100$ cause then on fri ima go get em

11. NJ08LancerGTS

for 100, check ebay :),

10k is blue, i got pulled over for that cause its illegal, and i couldn't see shit when it rained, so i switched to 6k and holy shit hugh difference i see everything now, i don't get pulled over either, plus along with my 3k fogs, i am basicly maxed out :) wish i had some projectors tho :(

12. MTLGTS08

MTLGTS08 Member

13. lancertrips

lancertrips Well-Known Member

^^ Damn too expensive for being a mod doen to your stock unit. :?
    Are hids a simple plug in and go? I used to install blue halogens back in the day but it's been yrs since I've been into this kind of thing.

14. NJ08LancerGTS

^^ Pm sent with some helpfull info

15. 08Lancer89

08Lancer89 Well-Known Member

16. firebretha

firebretha Well-Known Member

8k and above is guaranteed ricey.

stick with 6k and below. even still. should do a retro to do it correctly.

17. Alpha Q

Alpha Q Member

5k is pure white and is what comes on the evos. 6k has a light bluish tint to it

18. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

^ agreed, when I got my hids the shop did not carry 5k only had 3k, 6k, and several higher ones. From drivers view 6k is white, but when seen from another cars prospective it has a blue look to it.

19. leeminho86

leeminho86 Well-Known Member

If you buy this kit do you need to buy the flicker and battery relays? Also are there any advantages to the slim ballast other than the obvious?