Hey, Ahhhh Lancers...

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by Austin, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

You always have to option of going to a shop and getting them custom made. This shop my friend is tight with said he'll make a CAI for $180. Prolly do the exhaust and all that fun stuff later.

2. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

yea?? weres his shop? u got any info i can have on it?

3. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

sup austin i probably talked to you on myspace. But anyways enjoy this forum, i hope you make this your new home, read all the rules, they are posted everywhere. Search the forum, some topics have bean already discussed many times, so you may find your answer there. Use PM service if you wanna ask a specific member something that will keep the space open for other issues...

Thanks

LT.com staff

4. Conduct

Conduct Well-Known Member

Well, once you decide on the car, Speed Corps has a lot of products and good customer service, along with roadrace motorsports (RRM) , they have SRI, CAI, Exhaust set ups and some carbon fiber fitments for the appearance factor. Keep us updated on what you are thinking about getting and such :thumbleft:

5. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

No way?

wheres this at

6. Texas Aggie

^ I'm in Katy, Tx. Westside of Houston. I'll get more info if u guys need it.

7. delphium_

Ohh nevermind i live in southern Cali, the drive wouldn't even be worth it.
    thanks anyway
    maybe austin can still use your help

8. Texas Aggie

from what I saw, Austin is from NJ...besides, being up north the cost of living is higher so it may be more expensive because of that. Down south our cost of living is cheaper. And the cost in Cali is way more than here. I've talked to some ppl who moved from Cali and got a 250K house, paid for, for what they sold a 500k house in Cali. same sq footage and everything.

9. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Your suppose to be 87 Regular gas only dude. Premium is only good for high-end horsepower and that will mess up your engine. My dad told me so, and he knows his stuff about cars/trucks. Just giving you a heads up and I'll send you a PM ok Austin.

10. delphium_

You don't say..
    YAY!
    saves me $$ :D
    i only put ten bucks in

11. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

hahah thx guys! and yea cost of living is alot here

12. playa213xx

playa213xx Well-Known Member

im afraid thats not entirely true. Your higher octane fuels don't harm the engine at all actually. They don't do much for it either if you don't need it. Higher octane gasses just burn hotter. You won't get better gas mileage or power with it. Your just wasting your money. Also a myth is that it cleans the engine. FALSE!!!

Also i won't argue your opinion on gas mileage Delphium but Austin remember, This is not a Mustang GT V8 or even a base V6 mustang. Its a 4 cylinder 2.0L. >Thats a VERY small engine compared to a stang. We don't get much power stock but IMO we do get good gas mileage. I'm usually somewhere in the mid to upper 20's MPG. I can't compain! I get better MPG's than my mother's RX400H which is a hybrid. I'm used to driving a 99' Monte Carlo Z34 3.8L. So this is phenominal MPG's to me! :D

13. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

i hear that!

i dont plan on keeping it stock tho so my MPG might go down i guess.

i wana put a cold air intake in, some other upgrades, maybe a turbo when i can afford. but i cant wait to have a gas effecient car. im not sure what i really want to do tho. i want to build a car with it that i can take to shows and taht gets attention for my car club

14. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

you need to break in your engine first

my first 5gs were horrible then it started getting better with gas

oh yeah and welcome

15. playa213xx

a CAI can actually give you better gas mileage and in some cases...you may no believe this but do your reseach and you'll see that even turbo's can give you better gas mileage. Hense why foreign vehicle manufactures have in a sense cracked the code by putting small 1.8L engines in cars and turboing them so that they get similar power and better gas mileage than the domestic companies. If you havn't noticed your domestic car companies are making cars with big engines but sacrificing efficiency. So most of the upgrades your gonna do at this point will probably be beneficial to you on both ends whether it be MPG's or HP

16. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

im not familiar with a CAI?

and is there anything els u can recommend?

i want more hp and all but i also want a nice look. at this stage in the game the HP is more important. and im not familiar with imports so its all new. ill figure it out soon tho

17. playa213xx

CAI = Cold Air Intake
    SRI = Short Ram Intake

theres not much out at this point to increase your ponies but if your looking for whats available now in performance there are springs, both forms of induction above, ECU piggybacks, pullies, Exhausts/headers, feel free to add to the list people. Most of this stuff can be found on RRM's site. A turbo kit is also in the process.

18. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

ahh got ya.

thx, im checking some stuff out now

19. Texas Aggie

or just import the Evo X engine from Japan...lol...that doesn't sound expensive at all 8O

20. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

i cant get my avatar pic in :(