HELP NEEDED! Ignition issues 03 oz

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older- General Information' started by nuclearbanana03, Jan 12, 2013.

1. So I swapped my clutch and put everthing back where it belongs, I go to start it and I get nothing. I tested the starter and it is good, all I get is a clicking from the silonoid. Any ideas?

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

The clicking Is from the starter. There are multiple reasons why this could happen. Check all wires. Make sure they are clean. Check the ground for the tranny. No offense to you or anything, make sure the clutch is in right. Also, once the car does start you will smell a bit if burning from the clutch and flywheel. Also, check your battery. Sometimes it will drain. Try a rolling start to see if that gets it to starts up.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk

3. got it going, apearantly i had a dirty ground that was causeing my starter relay to short out. clutch is awesome, all grip and go. thanks for the good deal.

4. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

No problem sir. I try to give out the best I can with the parts I will never use.

5. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I will back Marcus with all his stuff...straight forward dude. Glad to hear you figured it out fairly quickly...