Help!!!! city lights flashing!!!!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by CharmCityLancer, Aug 28, 2011.

1. so today im on my way to work after hurricane irene (you bitch). i arrive at work clock in and walk back out to my car and notice my angel eyes are off and my city light is flashing. This is wierd cause its just on my passenger side i checked the connectors to make sure everything was snug and all the fuses that i could think of. The wierd part to me at least is my turn signals still work so either the bulbs bad or i honestly just need some help. My next step is to take it to a dealership and see what they can tell me and hopefully fix it fast but who knows when that will be as my 6-6 schedule all week kinda has me limited in what i can do. If any one has experienced this or has anymore ideas please any help is welcomed.

oh yea the city light has a real slow blink to it maybe 2 secs+ in between each flash.

2. oh and also i just found out that the brake light is flashing as well on the same side.

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

One of your bulbs is out. Its probably one of your break lights. But im not sure. Have you changed anything recently?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

4. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Oh, also check your fuses.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

5. no i havent replaced anything but i didnt think about checking my brake lights fuse or it could just be the bulb. kinda wierd since ive only had the car since april bought it brand new but all things can have defects. thanks for the help never seen this on any of my previous cars.

6. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've never heard of anything flashing....its usually just not working at all. When you say its flashing, is it like a turn signal flash...or a fast...like a strobe. If its fast...I would say it is a short in the wiring somewhere. Slow....I have no idea.

7. yea it was real slow and was something i didnt expect honestly. it was the ballast for the angel eyes i guess some water got to it which is wierd since its in the same place as my hid ballasts but either way problem solved. so anyone running automoglow angeleyes and see there city light and brake light flashing do not panic lol its most likely your ballast.