Helix's 2011 Lancer Ralliart

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by Helix, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

[​IMG]

There's the damage to my bumper. (The part with the little red X over it is not part of the damage.) The body shop is going to repair the bumper rather than order a new one, since it is repairable, cost effective, and I'm using insurance to pay for it.

So, a rundown: the chrome trim completely broke in that one spot and was actually sticking out like a compound fracture before I popped it back in. The body shop is going to replace that completely. However, my the biggest problem is that the whole right side of the bumper seems to have twisted or warped or something, just slightly, and just doesn't fit right anymore. It may be hard to see, but the fog light assembly no longer fits snug into it's little housing in the bumper. Where the bumper meets the bottom of the right headlight is a noticeable gap. And what you can't see is the underside of the bumper where the black piece, the scrape plate or whatever, has come loose.

So that's a huge bummer. I don't know anything about bumper repair, but my main concern is the warping on the whole right side. I'm dropping her off on February 1st and the estimate is three days to repair. Long time to wait, but I'm looking forward to it and hoping it comes out good as new.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Doesn't look too bad, and by too bad I mean not too noticeable.

3. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Behold!

My masterpiece.

[​IMG]

4. blueking_4

blueking_4 Well-Known Member

lol

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

That. Looks. AWESOME!

6. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

i agree lol

7. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

I'm dropping my baby off for repairs bright and early tomorrow. Can't wait to get back to driving her like normal this weekend.

8. blueking_4

It's about time dude. geez. lol j/k

9. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

lol Trust me, I would've left it the day it I got an estimate...but the body shop was pretty busy with a f#cked up police cruiser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. blueking_4

lol, he musta ran through a dunkin' donuts and into a deer or some crap. LOL!

11. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

So my god damn fog lights aren't coming on anymore. Not sure how long it's been since they stopped working, but I just noticed it tonight, and then I checked a picture I took last weekend and they weren't on either (I always have them on when my headlights are on). I'm pretty sure they worked fine after the body shop repaired my bumper, but my theory is the wiring or some shit came loose and no power is getting to them anymore. Gonna call the body shop tomorrow and maybe the Mitsubishi dealership too. Any other theories as to why they'd stop working? Fuses? Anything?

12. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

I checked the fuses. The tiny colorful ones are still intact, but the layout shows the fog light symbol next to two of the big black box shaped things in the fuse box. I have no idea what those are.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  13. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

14. blueking_4

oh noes!!! I'd go to the dealership and have them look at it. You have that warranty for a reason :)

15. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

I can't remember whether or not my fog lights worked after I got my bumper repaired, so I'm gonna go by the body shop today and have them make sure they didn't forget to plug the things back in. I hope it's just that, because if there's a bigger electrical problem it's gonna suck.

16. blueking_4

Yeah...that will be not fun...

17. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Problem solved. The body shop only plugged in two of three wires (or something). Took them like 15 minutes to diagnose and fix the problem.

18. blueking_4

It seems a lot of people are forgetting to reconnect wires.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

19. SoulEater13

SoulEater13 Well-Known Member

Helix, those black things are Relay's. i only know that becuase i had bought aftermarket foglights for my '09 ES and it had that relay in the line and the schematic called it a relay. but im glad they fixed the problem.

20. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

Oh okay. Thanks man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk