Headlights

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by bras_33, Jun 16, 2007.

1. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

A little fyi, I know this happens on my old 95 galant...Went out last night around the time the sun goes down, turned on my headlights went to the spot, hanging out, drinking, dancing, flirting stuff like that. About 3am I realized I forgot to turn off my headlights. I went to my car and the lights were off, completely. I was ready to call AAA but I was like well let me start it first. Sure enough, it started with just one crank, like it normally does. Soooooooooooo, I am assuming it goes off automatically when the key is removed. My old galant did that but it was more of a dim than the full brightness of it. Just thought I would share.

2. ViperF16

ViperF16 Well-Known Member

yeah there is a auto turn off for the headlights. if you have the navi you can mess with it in there. i noticed that too. i would turn off the car open the door and the message 'turn off headlights' would come on for about 2 sec then they would just turn off.

i like that ... cause i always forget about that.

3. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

A lot of the newer cars now and days have an auto-off feature. Another part of the same system is a auto power regulator. By this I mean that if you leave something plugged in a Cigarette lighter or a cabin light on or something like that that would drain the battery over an evening, the car will actually keep track of the power drain and turn off all electrical devices a certain point to allow for enough juice to turn the engine over later on. Granted this can be a great saver, but doing that a lot over time will eat your battery quicker.

Bill