HALO - Meet at Planet Zero

Discussion in 'South and Southeast Owners Forum' started by Beta107, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Beta107

Beta107 Active Member

I was on my way home Saturday night from the Gallaria area and noticed a large gathering of tuners on Westhiemer. I pulled in to see what was going on and (maybe I am late) it was Planet Zero. It has relocated to a strip mall across from where it used to be and has a huge parking lot. There was a DJ out front spinning on the sidewalk and tons of cars. The cops where there too, but they were really cool walking around and checking out the rides. I only stayed about 10mins. Was anyone else aware of this and if so does anyone know if this happens every Saturday or if there was a special occasion?

This would be a cool spot to hit and get the HALO name recognized.

2. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

You started thread twice lol, I think that one may be a regular, but if they had a dj probably not. I will have my friend check on H.I., did you recognize any team shirts or jackets? I know there used to be regular meets on westhiemer.

3. Beta107

Beta107 Active Member

Sorry about the dual posting, I just deleted the second one.

I didn't stay too long but there were all S2Ks parked up front so I figured they were together and it seemed there were a few teams out there. I had gone to a couple planet zero meets back when I was rolling with European Auto Group, but since I sold my volkswagen I haven't really been to anything. Oh yeah and back then they were on the other side of the road with very little parking.

It looked like a very good meet and there was plenty of space.

4. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

this sounds pretty legit.. i dont exactly know what your talkin about but i do know of some strips malls around the galleria.. but ya we should def try to get something started either before or after the holidays...

5. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Yea me and Lrdtygr discussed going to planet zero the first meet but the parking lot was full of customers at the time...since it was about 8 or 9? yea we all agreed it would be the legit place to be!

6. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

yeah, but if they moved to a new location with bigger parking... :D that'd be freakin' sweet. the planet zero website is:

http://www.mashharder.com/forums/

I don't have time to check it now, but i will soon. please feel free to check it out also. planet zero also runs a pretty big anime convention in the spring that also runs concurrent with their biggest car show. Import Reactor. maybe this is something we can all get on board with........

....well maybe not so much me. i have good/bad news.

good news: 70/30 chance i'm taking a new job.

bad news: if i do i'll be moving to austin sometime in january.

I'd still help as much as i could. especially with the virtual realm. but until things get settled down this downtime i thought i was going to have during the holidays has been anythiing but. i still haven't even come up with the logo or started coding even a front page for the site.

anyway, let me know what you guys think and we'll take it form there

7. mikeike8

man im down... we gotta do this... especially since ull be goin away in a couple months!!

8. 4B12LancerGTS

Man that sux Lrd but a job is a job! More money = More Mods :D but yea ill need to find time when i can go but lets get a date and ill see from there!

9. mikeike8

the next saturdays that i can think of that might be good are december 27 and then january 3, unless yall wanna meet up some other time at that same place??

10. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Set up a good time and a good place and I will more than likely be there, need to meet the rest of you guys.

11. 4B12LancerGTS

Well damn see this is why i hate my job at times :( i have to work graveyard 9pm to 5am friday through wed morning so im only off wed night and all day thursday

12. mikeike8

damn those are some serious hours... im good for wed night and if its gonna be during the christmas break ill have until 2pm on thursdays off.. after the semester starts theres not many time slots when im not either workin or on campus... except mondays but u got that crazy shift lol

13. 4B12LancerGTS

Well its up to everyone else now :p

14. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

All day, any day, lol jk I work 8-5, m-f, so Im good just about anytime, and I will be off during christmas break from the 25th of Dec to the 5th of January. I usually go out with my gf on the weekends but she has been working lately anyways.

15. mikeike8

lol someones just gotta step up and pick a date and time and see if its good ith everybody... come on anybody??? lol

16. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

well a couple of us are good for Wednesday night, but thats tomorrow.... lol, next week is christmas week, I can meet any day except for the 25th-gotta stay with the family.

17. mikeike8

dude today is wednesday??? what part of houston are you from??? lol

18. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

lol, o crap, Im eating lunch right now. Guess I was concentrating on that more :lol:

19. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Im not exactly in Houston, more like Houston area. In Houston most of the weekend though. I come from past cypress on 290.

20. mikeike8

o ok haha.. ya i get all mixed up with the days sometimes too... but ya im in the "houston area" too... im off i-10 and the grand parkway in katy... but ur not too far from me....