HALO - Houston Area Lancer Owners

Discussion in 'South and Southeast Owners Forum' started by lordtygr, Oct 30, 2008.

1. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

@ Homie

WTF are you in here for? OHIO? WTF?

Why do you care where i put my plate anyways?

and FUCK THE LAW!

2. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

I'm here because I have an 08 lancer GTS.

I'm making comments on your licenses plate because I risk the chances of getting a ticket everyday to keep the front end of my car looking better.

I'm not trying to be a douchebag. I just think our or any car looks tacky with a front plate. If Mitsubishi wanted us to have front plates they wouldn't charge us 45 dollars for a plate holder.

And I don't care where you put your plate....but if you are still going to get fucked with for not having a front plate on correctly anyways (in the window is still illegal)....then why even bother to put up a plate?

3. 4B12LancerGTS

Well your concern for our plates is unwanted. Yes i know the so called "Risks" im taking for having the plate up there.....but believe me i know this. Lets just say ive had 4 cars in my life (only 19) and all have had their plates inside the car and ive yet to be pulled over for it.....Now when i did have a car which was a convertible it didnt even have a front bracket when i bought it at the dealer....they actually only gave me one plate.....so in reality i only had the back bumper with a LP. and even then i did not get caught.....i believe in Houston Cops are more than likely not going to care because I can get a LP ticket off my record with ease.....and Congrats with the 08.....Plus the reasons the put the holes in our car and what not they do it for self advertisement what do you get when you get your car and plates hmm? oh yea the UGLY ASS DEALERSHIP LP BRACKET! so what im saying the dealers would not give a rat's ass about the law and LP's on your car as long as the can some how implant their name onto your car they dont give a fuck. Plus LP's on the front of most cars look like BUCK TEETH which ive always hated on cars :arrow: :albino:

4. Beta107

Beta107 Active Member

Man what's the deal with the rage? Anyways there are so many vehicles in Houston without front plates or with their plates in the front window, I don't think the cops here really care or pay that much attention to it. We do need to get a next meet in the works, oh yeah sorry about the ID thing. I did not realize they check for ID after a certain time, guess I'm just getting old (nobody even asks me anymore).

5. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

um. ya. back on topic plz. and no ones bustin your chops beta. none of us thought about it, lol. we live, we learn. and homie... really why are you here. take this discussion to the customization thread or something. yay, you have an 08 lancer. however this thread is for people that have lancer AND live in houston AAND that like to get together in person to discuss their cars. so unless you are coming to houston to visit or your moving here in the near future, there is noneed for you to be in this thread and/or slamming someone for doing contrary to your OPINION.

kthxbai

6. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Well, Im glad I came in after all that license plate bashing lol, (Dont have a picture on profile yet but I have my "BUCK TEETH" on). I am down for meeting new lancer owners on the 20th if yall decide to do the meet that day. Just as long as nothing comes up and I dont have to drive 2 hours to get there. I live just out of Houston on 290 westbound. O and by the way cops outside of Houston apparently have nothing better to do since they gave my friend a ticket for having his license plate in the window instead of on the front bumper on his 05 Sebring Coupe. His ticket was $110 and needless to say he now has his LP zip tied to his front grill lol.

7. 4B12LancerGTS

Sorry guys for the rude reply i've been very stressed lately....and Kidney Stones :(....but yes back to topic i will definitely try do the 20th meet but no promises here.

8. Sp4rt4n

Sp4rt4n Well-Known Member

Hey fellas, its good to see a Lancer group in Houston! I live in the Medical Plaza... when do you guys usually meet up??

9. lordtygr

lol, well, we've only had 1 meet up so far so there is nothing 'usual' about us yet, haha. but last time we met at the fox & hound pub on westheimer. that not too far from the medical plaza. even though, for now, it seems most live on the west, NW, and north sides of town. i'd kinda want to stay central, to get more people coming. at least for a time being. so your hopeful knowledge of that area could come in handy. please feel free to make any suggestions on possible meeting places. we should nail something down by the end of the week to give everyone time to figure out if they want to come or not. so far seems like the 20th sounds reasonable to everyone. just need a place...

10. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

just fyi for some of you guys, if you feel like talking crap to another member, do it in private. also, since there are very few of us in HALO, keep ur anger issues to yourself. if we only have, lets say, 10 members and some ppl get mad. like 2, then the total is down to 8. Also, it gives the newly established group a bad rep. i'm not going to have a bad rep cuz ppl n the group are idiots and ppl start taggin me with a bad group. so yeah...anywho...

about meeting up, if someone wants to set another meet up go for it. take into consideration holidays and school. i believe everyone will b finished with school around dec 10th or so and then xmas is dec 24. that'll give us a 2 week window of getting something together where most ppl should b off. also, whats everyone's age?

AZN_Daddy - 25yrs old

11. lordtygr

lt- 33yrs, though i feel like 55 and think like 20 :bigsmurf:

12. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

20 years here, but I've been told I easily look 25+ if I dont shave.

13. Beta107

Beta107 Active Member

Just turned 30 in Oct., but 30's the new 20.

14. 4B12LancerGTS

I'm 19 turning 20 in feb 25th....Sorry again AZN and everyone!

15. lordtygr

OK! How about Fuddrucker's on HWY 290 northbound side near pinemount?
    I'm suggesting this place cause it kinda splits the difference from katy and spring, and is still 'relativly close' to downtown. No ID's needed unless your having a beer, lol :drunken: bring a few bucks and an appetite ;) there's a big movie theater there also, so there's plenty of room for posting up the lancers too.

date: Thursday, November 20
    Time: ~8pm till... whenever everyone gets tired of talking about their lancers and wants to go home

Map to Fuddrucker's

50/50 chance i'll probly be there early

16. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

20 Nov is a negative for me. I have class Friday and its time for finals before Thanksgiving. I'm gna be a busy bitch.

17. lordtygr

havn't heard anything positive or negative so far, except azn daddy, but that was to be expected. no worries azn. we'll get some weekend stuff going for you soon. just would like to know if ev1 is cool with this or not causse i'd like to start a seperate thread for it and send PM's to everyone i think might be from h-town. since it's coming down to the wire i'd like to get an "announement" posted by tonight between 9 and 10. but if the ones who are most likely to come can't make it, we'll just postpone and try again later. probably after the holidays.

18. lordtygr

well only one of us visited today so not everyone saw this. im gonna go ahead and make an announcement anyway (better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it). if no one shows, i eat a burger by myself, lol. then we can start planning for something after the holidays.

19. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

There is a 70% chance of me showing up, Im kinda busy trying to finish putting the engine in my eclipse, I probably wont be putting it into the car until tomorow, Wednesday, which means I may need to fine tweek it Thursday, I also have to take the core back to Houston to get it shipped off to New York. But there is a high chance I will take a day break and show up if we can get more lancers out there.

20. lordtygr

cool, hope to see you there!