grille black out

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by x32weezyx, Nov 2, 2009.

1. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to VHT that whenever I get around to blacking out my tail lights. I also think I'm going to buy a second pair of stock tail lights and black one of them out like I want to, and put the red ones one whenever I have to get a brake tag or something along those lines. Pretty smart, eh? Lol.

2. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

whats a brake tag?

3. 1slowlance

Brake tag is something we have to get in order to kinda say our vehicle is legal. You go and they check everything, headlights, blinkers, brake lights, license plate lights. Stuff like that. A yearly check up kinda. And if you don't have an updated brake tag, you can get a ticket and such. They're supposed to do a lot more, like take your car for a test drive and such, but some places are more lenient about that stuff. I don't have high beams because of my HID's and she didn't really care too much about that. But, its pretty much a little sticker that says your car is legal, functionality-wise. Somethin like that.

4. timschoeliertm

ohh, i hate inspection, its your car, drive an unsafe car if you want

5. 1slowlance

Yes, but if everyone's driving an unsafe car, then no one's safe. Lol.

6. timschoeliertm

true, idk, i just think some of the stuff is stupid, either that or im just unaware, like why need a catback? oh and btw when did you become a mod? haha, congrats on it though, we needed a 7g mod

7. 1slowlance

This morning actually. Lol. We have one, lancer2quick, he's got an 04 if I remember correctly. A lot of places are more strict on inspection than others. Like CA is really bad about having a perfect exhaust and all that. Here, really all they look for is the basic stuff. And, most places are really anal about every little thing. She gave me a few breaks. Lol.

8. timschoeliertm

oh yeah i forgot about him, my bad haha, and i dont think id ever be able to live in cali, but ny isnt bad, just annoying

9. ThunderOZ

ThunderOZ Well-Known Member

I felt the same way after a while. I just have a cf version of the stock grill now.

10. xxmisfits1

xxmisfits1 Member

Wow i really wanna do this now. but my grill is way different then all yours im kinda pissed. i DON'T have a Mitsubishi logo on mine.. are they Debadge -able? lol. cause when i bought it, that's the grill that was on it

11. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Take a picture of your grille. I am interested to see which one you have.

12. CS7A-7G

CS7A-7G Well-Known Member

how bout my grill ???

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. xxmisfits1

xxmisfits1 Member

[​IMG]

Sorry its been raining for the past few days never got to take the picture.. but thats it

14. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

I painted mine with rattle can spray paint as well...But I did mine to match the car.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]