FS: DRL Bypass w/ Relay Harness

Discussion in 'Private For Sale' started by jRox, Jul 8, 2009.

1. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

After providing the DRL Bypass for over a year now, I've decided to offer it at a lower cost.

Original Price: $60 shipped
    *REDUCED Price: $45 shipped

I've also changed my Return/Exchange Policy:

*Return/Exchange:
    Void after 30 days from date of delivery.
    Void if the DRL bypass is tampered in anyway. I will know, I made it.
    Valid only for defected/faulty products.
    If it's been over 30 days since date of delivery, I can offer a repair service. Contact me for more info.

You can now purchase my DRL Bypass through Ebay. I recently found out someone also began to provide the DRL Bypass on Ebay. If you check out his ad, you'll see that he made no effort to describe his own and virtually copied my description of this product. Please show your support by purchasing my DRL Bypass as I've been serving the Lancer community for over a year.

Thank you for all your past/present/future support! It's been a pleasure to serve you all.

All transactions will now take place via Ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180515802509

2. dragontr08

dragontr08 Active Member

is this DRL Bypass Harness will work on the Digital HID Ballast Kit that ACI sells?

3. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Yes, they should work no problem. However, I suggest purchasing HID's from DDMTuning instead--as they sell it for much cheaper. :wink:

4. ThriceAsNice

ThriceAsNice Well-Known Member

jRox representing!

5. topherdp

topherdp New Member

Even though I just paid $60 for the bypass it's still worth it. Please support jRox by purchasing his bypass, $45 is a good price to get rid of your DRL's. (Any word on how it install angel eyes? Is the headlight easy to take apart? I found LED 100mm and 140mm sets both for $21 shipped)

6. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Thanks for recommending my product! :D

BUMP for Sunday!

7. Bman

Bman Member

+1, installed Jrox' harness + 6k HIDs this weekend. Works great, Thanks Jrox!

8. injentech

injentech Active Member

thanks jrox for the harness although i will say you are ripping us off a little. i had purchased this same harness on ebay for 8 dollars http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-HID- ... ccessories

same one you are selling but you added something exra that probably was worth no more than a dollar. im glad you made this thing for us but im just saying i think your taking advantage of us who dont know a thing about electronics

just my 2 cents im not hating, keep up the good work 8)

9. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

First off, that is only a Standard 9006 Relay Harness. This alone will NOT disable your DRL's NOR eliminate the HID flicker. I don't want others to get confused, so I will clarify my product. I construct an electronic circuit specifically designed to eliminate the DRL's. I then build this circuit WITHIN a standard Relay Harness--thus, DRL Bypass w/ Relay Harness.

I am no company or business. I am simply a full-time student with a part-time job, looking to make some extra cash on the side. I have other important priorities, but I still continue to offer this DRL Bypass to the Lancer community. Some people tend to overlook the time/labor involved in providing these to the community. Not only do I build/modify each one, but I also test & confirm them before I sell them to any customer. This guarantees that the customer receives a 100% working DRL Bypass for their purchase. To top that off, I even offer a warranty/return/exchange policy. Again, I am no business, and if I really wanted to, I don't have to offer any of these extra services; But I do, and some seem to take it for granted.

Now I understand the DRL Bypass is rather expensive to some people. In fact, this is why I reduced the price after a year of providing the DRL Bypass. The price is now $45 shipped--$15 savings off my regular price. That being said, this DRL Bypass isn't for everyone. For those that have trouble dropping some cash, there are countless ways to disable/bypass the DRL's that can cost less than $5. However, I provide a Plug & Play solution that does not require any type of splicing/cutting to disable the DRL's, and with that, there comes a price tag.

This response isn't geared towards anyone in particular. I'm simply stating my side of the story. Hope you can full comprehend my perspective.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  10. injentech

injentech Active Member

^ hey jrox, question... when i turn on my headlights why does sometimes my driver side light flicker off? i sometimes have to flicker on/off like 4 times so my driver side can turn on.

11. shieldwolf342

shieldwolf342 Well-Known Member

I'm not jrox but if you have the DRL bypass he sells have you tried unplugging it and then plugging it all back together making sure the connections are tight. If so and it still does it I would guess the relay may be bad but again I didnt build the Bypass this is just my opinion. There may also be something wrong with the ballast too.

12. injentech

injentech Active Member

thanks shield but na all connections are good, even grounded to the chassis, so i know everythings legit. hope its not the kit

13. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Had the same problem with my old HID kit. Ended up being a ballast that was going bad. It eventually got to the point that one would come on fine, and the other wouldn't do anything at all. Look up your manufacturer and get a new ballast asap....or you'll be running with one headlight sometime.

14. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

It sounds like you may have an intermittent connection. First, check the fuse located on the red power cable. Then, make sure all the plugs are seated correctly, and the grounds properly bolted.

If the problem still persists, remove your HID's completely. Install your Stock OEM Bulbs along with the DRL Bypass. If the DRL's activate, then the problem is the DRL Bypass. If they do not, then the problem is your HID kit.

15. injentech

injentech Active Member

^thanks jrox ill try that :thumb:

16. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Bump for the birthday boy! Also someone clean this up so its not bump every page. Anyone else buy this from him. Give the product some reviews on this page.

17. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Haha, thanks for the free bump and birthday greeting! :D

18. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

Hey, I've been using your DRL for about a year now and haven't really had any problems with them. I now want to add AE's to my car and believe I saw somewhere, but can't find them :/, instructions on how to wire them up to the DRL or your bypass module. Would you by any chance know how/where i can find those instructions???
    Thx in advance.

19. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I'm unaware of a how-to that shows how to wire AE's to your DRL's. However, I do know that you can source the DRL signal from the Passenger-side Headlight Plug.

20. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

Figured out how to wire the AE's to the DRL. While still using your bypass wire, the original headlight connection still has power. All that you need to do, is splice your AE's power source into the original headlight power source and Bingo. You now have your AE's running on your DRL's