FS: DRL Bypass w/ Relay Harness

Discussion in 'Private For Sale' started by jRox, Jul 8, 2009.

1. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

PM sent.

BUMP!

2. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

Thats exactly whats been happening to me! Which kinda sucks, i dont want to have run my headlamps all the time, but if i do I do I guess....

3. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear. You are the first two to report this problem. I've personally been running this setup for nearly a year now. So far, no problems/issues.

BUMP for snow day!

4. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

Yea Im not sure, it worked great for a few months, then the headlights would not come on at times and had to shut off the car and try and again a couple times and they would finally come on. A few months later the flickering started and the left headlamp would sometimes not come on and I would have to switch on and off till it kicked on until now it just doesn't want to shine :(

And please don't take this as a horror story or as me talking bad about the product. Im sure this is may just something to do with me, or maybe the hid's i have and the jrox kit aren't compatible? Who knows. It did work great for a few months though!

5. CRAZY-LEGS-20

CRAZY-LEGS-20 Well-Known Member

would they work with the HID Conversion kit?

6. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Yes. My DRL Bypass w/ Relay Harness is compatible with Stock OEM Lights and all Aftermarket Plug & Play HID kits.

7. CRAZY-LEGS-20

CRAZY-LEGS-20 Well-Known Member

okay...thats good to know....im going to get them but not right now....i need to get my car fixed first then ill get them. so do me the favor of having one ready for me....maybe two lol :D

8. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Sure thing. Just let me know when you're ready. :wink:

9. ballmonk23

ballmonk23 Well-Known Member

i got hid s and halos for drl can u make me a wiring kit to stop hid coming on with the halos and just halos for drl. hids for low beams

10. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

My DRL Bypass w/ Relay Harness can eliminate the DRL's for your HID Low Beams. If you take a look at my installation instructions, you'll see that the Passenger-side Headlight Plug is no longer used. You can use this plug to source the DRL signal and wire it to your Halo's.

11. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

BUMP for great product. Installed it sunday and love it

12. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Sweeet! Glad to hear it worked out.

BUMP!

13. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

I love the Bypass kid, i works awesome. I did notice that maybe 3 times since I've had my kit, the left side HID doesn't always turn on. Easy fix is to just turn my lights off and then back on. The left one always turns on after that. I thought the issue might have been with my ballest but now it seems other ppl have had the same issue. It never really effected me until I got a ticket for a headlight beign out :-/. I didn't have to pay for the ticket because I got my mechanic to give me a fake receipt saying that the light was repaired. I plan on keeping the bypass kid just want to let you know that you might want to look into it. Also is there a ways for me to connect my Angel Eyes to it, so that they now Run when the car is on and not only when I turn my lights on?
    THankks.

14. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

That sounds like an intermittent connection. Check the ground for the headlight that doesn't power ON. The relay sources power straight from the battery, so there's really nothing in between that could cause this issue except the ground.

You can source the DRL signal from your Passenger-side Headlight Plug and wire it to your AE's.

15. topherdp

topherdp New Member

I have a 2010 ES and am interested in your harness. I hate my DRL's and have recently ordered some HID's. I have never used pay pal before, any suggestions for me?

16. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

PM sent. 8)

17. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I cleaned up your thread...that way its not 2 pages of bumps anymore lol

18. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Lol, thanks!

BUMP for interest!

19. topherdp

topherdp New Member

This Bypass harness is a must have for anyone who dislikes their DRL's. No cutting, splicing or voiding your warranty. Plug and play as stated. Worth every dollar spent.

20. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Thanks for your kind words and support! :D