ForTheGlory37's 2009 Lancer GTS (09/08/10)

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by ForTheGlory37, Jan 29, 2009.

1. ForTheGlory37

ForTheGlory37 Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot man.

Ordering the RRM suspension bar package which I'm going to have powder coated lime green along with my calipers.

2. ForTheGlory37

UPS delivered my suspension bar package earlier today. Waiting to sell some old parts or my next pay check, whichever comes first, to have them powder coated lime green along with my calipers.

[​IMG]

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

4. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

That'll look pretty cool. For some reason I've been considering lime green rims. I have no idea why. Lol.

5. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

nice man i need to finish my suspension set up. Let us know how it rides after the install.

6. ForTheGlory37

It's not gonna be out of the garage for awhile, lots of work to be done, but when it is I'll let you know. By then it will have the suspension bar package, Tein coilovers, and 17x8 Enkeis so it should handle even better than the car already does!

7. LancerXES

LancerXES Member

I don't suppose you still have the old strut bar? Let me know if so...

8. ForTheGlory37

9. ForTheGlory37

Drilled new holes for my APR canards today and took off my stock sway bar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ForTheGlory37

Sanded down the bumper today, started fixing scratches, and filled in the old Canard holes today. I'll try to get pictures up this weekend. Also working on a custom upper grill to get rid of the mitsubishi symbol and sanding down and repainting the engine cover. A good day of progress lol. Priming the bumper next weekend when I actually have time off work. =( work.

11. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

Lookin really good! I'm trying to get a PA meet together before it gets too cold out...lemme know if you're interested!

12. ForTheGlory37

My cars not gonna be done and out of the garage until after winter. But come next spring, for sure.

13. ForTheGlory37

Found this picture on my phone from the other day when I repositioned my canards. Now my bumper is completely sanded down so not like this lol
    [​IMG]

14. ForTheGlory37

Just got this in the mail today...
    [​IMG]

Green wire looms. I started putting them in tonight for a little so here's a preview...
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow I'm gonna continue working on it and getting cracks out of my bumper and maybe start priming if I get work done.

And can anyone tell me how I can change the title so the update isn't January anymore?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  15. ForTheGlory37

Yesterday my friend came up and helped get the cracks out of my bumper with some fiberglass. Next work day the bumper will be in primer. I cleaned up my wire loom job too and got a little farther. It's a very slow process lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Fixed title for you, and I like the green wire covers on the blue for some reason. Random, but looks good.

17. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

Car is looking so fresh bro keep up the work bro. BTW where did you get the hoses from?

18. ForTheGlory37

Thanks HUNK. But it's lime green cause I'm painting my car white and doing lime green accents like the calipers, wire looms, and sway bars. But the engine bay will stay blue since I'm not ripping my motor out to paint it. But I still dig the blue with lime green like you said.

Thanks Sinestra. I got them off eBay. It's cheap but time consuming and looks good when you get it all done.

19. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

Car looks good, I love that color!! Your car has a very aggressive look to it.

20. ForTheGlory37

ForTheGlory37's 2009 Lancer GTS (09/16/10)

So last night til about 5am this morning me and my buddy were working on the Lancer...

Finished the upper grill insert. He fiberglassed over the cut-out in the top and I made a grill for it and primed it in black...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I repainted my other grill pieces since they were turning a bronze color...
    [​IMG]

We finished sanding the bumper and primed it just to get an idea of the look. That's grey primer but looks white in the pictures with black primer for what I'm going to keep black.
    [​IMG]

I redrilled one of the holes that got fiberglassed over and put my canards back on...
    [​IMG]

Then we put it all back together! So the bumper is complete!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]