ForTheGlory37's 2009 Lancer GTS (09/08/10)

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by ForTheGlory37, Jan 29, 2009.

1. ForTheGlory37

ForTheGlory37 Well-Known Member

Re: ForTheGlory37's 2009 Lancer GTS

Well I'm gonna wait to see what the insurance company says monday then go from there. Hopefully get it back to what it looked like but I guess only time will tell =(

2. ForTheGlory37

The insurance company is gonna replace everything like I had it. $7k+ in damages, but I'm getting a new carbon fiber hood and intake...

3. ForTheGlory37

They said it should be done about two weeks from when they recieve the parts. I ordered the EvoX looking front bumper, GT Concept Feders, and the VIS Evo X OEM hood. Everything else are stock parts...

4. vivimatsuk

vivimatsuk Well-Known Member

wow dude, thats a crazy hit. glad everything turned out fine tho. can't wait to see the parts installed. its gonna look sick

5. longislandlancer

longislandlancer New Member

hey man your car was lookin good, hopefully you can get everything back to normal soon.

6. longislandlancer

longislandlancer New Member

How did you black out your front grill?

7. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

Hey man, the car's looking good! I'm from Eastern PA, near Philly, so I know all too well what you mean about the horrible winters...DAMN ROAD SALT! haha!

8. ForTheGlory37

Thanks everyone. They got as far as they can go on it til the fenders, bumper and hood come in. Then they'll just have to install them and paint them so hopefully I'll get it back before Christmas...

longislandlancer: just sand it down, prime it, and use black spray paint. Do a search and you'll find a how to

9. C-lo

C-lo Well-Known Member

dam dude, sorry to hear about your car. looks real good. good luck on bringing it back up

10. ForTheGlory37

I got my new bumper, fenders, and hood, so I took that over to the garage on Friday. They said the car should be done in a week or two, but my luck it just started snowing... =(

11. ForTheGlory37

The kid who was working on my car, his dad just died so works been stalled on the car. It's in it's first coat of primer but he should be back to work on it this week so we'll see.

Also, I'm going to sell my Konig Unknown wheels if anyone is interested. I bought them for 205 a piece new so I'm trying to get 600 for the set. I want to get steelies for the winter then a new style wheel when spring comes around, but I'm keeping the tires so it's wheels only for sale. Once I get my car back I'll put some pics up and put it in the FS section but until then just letting everyone know.

12. ForTheGlory37

Finally got my car back today :D Just took some quick pictures to share with you before putting it in the garage...

The Flastic Evo X Style front bumper
    [​IMG]

GT Concept Fenders
    [​IMG]

VIS Racing Evo X OEM CF Hood
    [​IMG]

13. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Looks really good. What's next? Nothing for a while? Or, do you have something planned?

14. ForTheGlory37

Re: ForTheGlory37's 2009 Lancer GTS (01/09/10)

Well I have APR CF Canards sitting here along with a killerglass kit and mishimoto radiator and hosing waiting to be put on. I'm going to do this while it's garaged for the winter. And I'm gonna order and install a RRM turbo kit finally, cf trunk, and black RRM wheels. I have the money now just don't wanna order it til it warms up so I'm not tempted to install it and go play in the snow with it lol

15. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Lol. Good idea. There's a GTS, I think I can't really tell the difference on the new ones lol, down here that I'm trying to talk to the guy who owns it to get him on LT. But anyway, there's a guy down here who has one that looked exactly like yours before the wreck. Same hood, same color, different rims though. I saw it the other day and I was like....why would he be in Louisiana.....? Lol. You weren't were you?!?! Lol. It's looking really good though, man. Keep up the good work.

16. ForTheGlory37

Haha that's funny but na I've never had that car in Louisiana lol. But thanks man

17. TILMakeEmTap

TILMakeEmTap Guest

Sweet looking car man, I really wish I could have gotten the Octane Blue! Everything looks good with it

18. ForTheGlory37

Thanks man, I like the blue a lot with the carbon fiber

19. ForTheGlory37

Wow it's been way too long. I finished school and am working full time now so I am starting to get the money and time to start working on my car again. I'm basically completely starting over again. I just got a good deal on an 01 Audi TT that I use for my everyday driver which allowed me to put the Lancer in the garage to do some real work. I'm going to go all out, keep it garage kept and put a lot of money into it and eventually start showing it. So for now I have a lot of things for sale and a lot to buy. I'll keep you updated as I make my progress!

20. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Member

Wow, I must say that I wasn't a fan of that color at all .... until this thread. Totally changed my mind, great vehicle!