Fender Rolling in NJ

Discussion in 'East and Northeast Coast Owners Forum' started by jRox, May 11, 2011.

1. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

https://www.facebook.com/FenderRollingNJ

Hey LT,

When I purchased my X MR wheels (18x8.5 +38 with 245/40's), I had my fenders rolled (only rears) by a shop at stock height. When I lowered about 2" all around on coils, I started having rubbing issues in the rear. This is because the shop did not roll the inner lip completely (check photos).

Rather than dealing with the shop, I decided to purchase a fender roller and do the work myself. Recently, I was able to roll my rear fenders with no paint issues, cracks, etc [patience is key!]. I like to do everything right the first time around, so I didn't use a mallet, baseball bat, phonebook, and anything else creative you can think of.

Because I achieved great results with the fender roller, I am confident enough to offer fender rolling services in the Union, NJ 07083 area. Although I have little experience, your car will be treated as my own. I will do my best to ensure a clean roll with no paint issues. (I cannot guarantee no paint issues as all cars are different. All precautions in my control will be taken to minimize this risk.)

Most shops around here charge $50-$100 per fender.

My price: $35 / fender

BEFORE:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

AFTER:
    [​IMG]
    It is not damage in the paint. There is white silicone lining that was removed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  2. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

Great job...once again you amaze us all...any takers???

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Wish the jackass that "rolled" mine hadn't touched it. I told him that it wasnt the lips on the fenders, and that it was the bolt that attaches the rear bumper to the rear quarter...but he said I was wrong. He did it, and it still scrubbed. My rear fenders are wavy and I have paint cracked and chipping on the edge...I've been putting black sharpie with some clear fingernail polish on it once a year to keep them from rusting....

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  4. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Haha thanks!

Ouch, sorry to hear. :(

5. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

wow that sucks man sorry to hear this as well :( im not low yet so no fender roll for me ...yet haha

6. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

BUMP for fitment!

7. hyperlite662

hyperlite662 Well-Known Member

looks great. if you weren't so far away i have you do it lol. but i have yet to lower mine to ahah.

8. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Attached some pics of the work I did over the weekend.

Attached Files:

9. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

BUMP!

10. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Flared my own fenders:
    [​IMG]

11. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

:licklips:

12. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

BUMP!

13. mitsuG

mitsuG Well-Known Member

The guy that did rolled my fenders did an amazing job. Just a lil pointer if you use a heat gun, apply painters tape to the outside of the fender when heating the area your trying to roll. The tape acts as a barrier to protect the paint from any heat damage but yet allows the metal to be warm enough to roll without chipping.
    P.s Im digging your wheel/tire fitment and how you pulled your fender slightly. Is there any way to achieve that "pulled fender" look without having to resort to the phone book method?

14. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

Sweet. PM sent

15. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Great tip man. Thanks for the heads up. You can use a fender roller to pull your fender. If you have the right tool, you shouldn't have to resort to the phone book method.

PM replied!

16. Nj5pnt0

Nj5pnt0 New Member

Pm sent...

17. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Replied. :)

18. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

BUMP for the love of fitment!

19. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

BUMP for Thursday!

20. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

Bought a new fender roller. Who's up next?