Exhaust question

Discussion in 'Ralliart - Performance' started by y2ray7697, May 31, 2011.

1. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! Just a quick one here...I was wondering if anyone knew if I'd get a little more sound from the stock exhaust if I had custom pipe put on eliminating resonators?

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I don't see how you wouldn't. If you get custom piping done, eliminating all your resonators, but keeping the stock muffler and tip? Axle-back I believe it's called. The resonators are what keeps the noise down along with the muffler, and I think ya'll have 2 resonators.

3. y2ray7697

Yeah I'm looking to either buy the ultimate racing mufflers or take the car to my exhaust shop and have them do a custom midpipe. I just don't know how much sound I'd get from just a midpipe without changing the muffler and if it'd be worth the 60 bucks

4. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

worth it...maybe. Depends on the price the shop quotes you for. anything above $200 might as well get a "name brand" one.

5. y2ray7697

Nah I know these guys. Easy sixty bucks top

6. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I would go for the custom midpipe first...just to see what sort of sound it produces. I originally removed my resonator when I had my exhaust made, but I put it back on because it prevented the super raspy "Honda Sound".....if you know what I mean

7. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I think it'd sound alright with the stock exhaust no resonators.