Engine cleaners help me

Discussion in 'Automotive Care' started by Jayebird, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Jayebird

Jayebird Well-Known Member

Hey this thread is kinda dead.

Anyways, I don't know much about the engine itself I'm learning as I go. I have a 08 lancer gts. Was wondering if any of you guys use fuel injector cleaners or fuel system cleaners or even fuel injector carbonator, right down to gas treatment.

Just looking for recommendations or what not. This may be a dumb question bu I'm here to learn.

Thanks guys :)

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I use seafoam on my car. It's a 3x cleaner. Fuel, air intake, oil. Its really good stuff. Maybe too good. I'm in a 2003 OZ Rally Lancer. at 84k miles. Used it at 73k. Good stuff. It brought my idle down from 1.2k rpm to 600 rpm. It's supposed to idle at 700 rpm +/- 100 rpm.

3. Jayebird

Seafoam ? is that the product name or brand name ? im interested in this and how do you use it ? (lol im obviously a newb)

4. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Honestly, With an 08, you really have no need for fuel system cleaners.....unless you have 50k+ miles on it. If you still want to use them, stay away from anything that you can just buy at the parts store. All those (STP, Purolator, Outlaw, etc.) are dilluted a ton. I have had 3 vehicles, and I have used BG 44K fuel system cleaner in them all with noticeable results. I have used the others in the past, but none compare to BG...It runs a bit more (about 15 bucks a can), but is way better than the 5 buck bottle of the other stuff. Check it out, and if you think that your car will benifit...give it a shot.

http://www.bgprod.com/products/fuelair.html

5. Jayebird

Alright yeah my car only has 39 000km on it. But its my baby so I had to research on what i can do to keep it purring.

I myself have herd that putting alot of the on shelf shit in your car is bad haha. Love it.

Glad I inquired my questions here first.

6. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Thats what we're here for......lol