DYNO SEX Part 2

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Subawho, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

well this is why we post dyno numbers.

not because were showing off. Things like this EXCITE curiousity all across the board (wether your a gear-head, a Dyno-jet lover, or a tuner) things like this make people go "hmmmm? wonder what mine would do?"

this is what's good. We (mainly conduct) have sparked HUGE interest in the CVT's capabilities (or lack thereof)

2. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

i think i will have to go prove that the cvt is not all that bad. stock and all i will go dyno my car soon and show that the cvt and stock engine will give decent numbers.

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I have to disagree, tranny will make a difference in numbers. Conduct has the cvt and was very surprised at his numbers whereas Evolve and Sub have 5speeds.

4. Nemo420

i agree and know the tranny makes a difference, but not as much as it has shown and this is why im thinking that the custome exhaust is hurting and not helping. another BIG thing is that it is hard to find someone who knows how to dyno a cvt correctlly. i heard its a bitch to dyno and maybe this is another thing that is messing with the numbers. i have no clue, but imo im guessing its the exhaust.

5. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with proving stuff just make sure you at least try to replicate the elements and circumstances.

6. Nemo420

come on brotha-
    it may not be the same spot, but im going to make sure i go to a spot that knows how to dyno the cvt and that has great knowledge in dyno tuning. not just some shop with a dyno.

7. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

well in that case those numbers you'd get can also be taken with a grain of salt. either way.

8. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

Why are you guys shattering my dreams? :cry: :cry: :cry:

My car is the awesome and is way better than any other. :cry: :cry: :cry:

But on a serious note, we would have had a much better idea about ours if Bras had dyno'd his. Evolve, I think our next step is to dyno both of ours with a stock 5 speed as well. If Bras wont do it, lets find someone else who will :p

9. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Conduct needed one more CVT (modded or not) to run along with his.

this would've easily shattered any speculatioin about the output of a CVT.

10. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Fine twist my arm, I will do it. Same machine and everything.

11. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

The question I have is, how did they dyno Conducts CVT... in "D" or in sport mode, and if in sport mode, what "gear" did they use? I ask cuase I may go to have mine dyno'ed, and I would like to see how the two different places do it.

12. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

WHENS THIS HAPPENING? :idea:

13. Guest

Guest Guest

blah blah blah blah. Just except the fact that our cars are awesome on the outside with turd power. My car looks awesome and looks fast, but is a busted ass turd. The power these things put out are just disgusting.

14. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

this makes me want to do a dyno on my ride now.

15. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Are you for sure Prophet :?: , because you know how KRU and MXLou can get.

16. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Why not? Members have the right to read research as long as we keep it civil...

17. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Okay keep your off topic posts here: Click Here

If I feel the need to lock this thread again I'll just delete it all together...

18. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

i was wondering why this was deleted last night.

Thanks for bringing it back up.