DYNO SEX Part 2

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Subawho, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

i honestly hope nobody asks me to post that shit because i think i've done more than enough to prove we were all there and im super lazy....

2. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Evolve, post the Dyno Sheet you lazy bum and wtf is witht that exhaust tip, why do that, oh maybe cause it's a Honduh!

3. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

that was the same car that had the Individual Throttle-Bodied Engine. it was a piece of work. looked really clean.

4. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

If that is the same guy with the ITB set up he might have been trying to keep his car quite. That is the only thing I could think of???

5. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

so making a limp looking exhaust suppresses the noise? Crazy

6. 08mitz

08mitz Well-Known Member

saw a guy with that same exhaust on a vr4 galant in mexico last night

7. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

Re: DYNO SEX

100 hp for conduct? that seams really low to me.. anyone else thinking the same??

8. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

there ya go wasper

9. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Great, numbers from an unproven dyno system. Multiply your numbers by 20%?? :roll:

Find a dyno-jet and see what numbers you post.

I just love how these companies with crappy dyno systems host a "dyno day" and throw out great numbers. It called marketing. You like your numbers, you will continue to go back.

Nothing against you Subawho, I just always see the worst in everything. I just find it hard to believe that a CAI gave you +30 TQ over all the others that have posted numbers. To include myself.

10. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Though i understand where you're coming from (i've done tons of reading on dyno's just recently and my head hurts haha) im getting the impression your quote has some sort of "dick-swinging" feel to it. The numbers themselves, aren't important.

For dick-swinging purposes im sure everyone would agree you need the same dyno to at least have accurate measurable numbers to base comparisons on. Which is why im staying at least with a dyno dynamics dyno.

From the numbers and graph, Sub's and my dyno sheets looked slightly indentical. This leads me to believe (as far as output goes) that the dyno is accurate and would be cost-effective to me (at least) to stick to the dyno i used when it comes to future mods.

Im not saying your wrong about which dyno's to use but im saying for some of us it's easier to stick to what you used to gauge what kinda power your making/losing at a later point in time.

thoughts?

11. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

Evolve, seriously...dont even bother. Look at every single dyno post made on here and EvoM and Serious is there talking about how something isnt right and we shouldnt believe it.

Serious if you look at my posts, I wrote all of this in the lamest and least serious way I could because in the end it doesnt matter. All I care about is comparing my dyno to Evolves since we were both there in the same conditions on the same dyno. Thats all Im going to say to you about this.

12. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

LOL but i can still tell him what i think about him telling us where to go dyno our car.

"apprently" we did it all wrong. and we should dead ourselves

13. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree. Its just the overall standard has been Dyno-Jet or Mustang. I would really like to see what your numbers would be on a DJ.

No disrespect and I hope you didn't take it wrong.

14. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

and (gradually) what im hearing is that our tq numbers are supposed to be a little higher than expected (in regards to a dyno-jet) so you're not the only one that has aroused my curiousity to at least SEE what a dyno-jet would give me.

I didnt take offense to what you were saying. I knew where you were coming from.

15. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

i think someones custom exhaust is hurting their performance, cuz i have a gts cvt and i think and pray my car does better numbers than that stock!

look at what he has and what evolve has and im sorry but tranny is not going to make that much of a difference, but an exhaust thats not made for the car will. back pressure is a biotch!

imo, he should have similar number to evolve, not the same and of course should be lower, but still up there competing,

16. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

/\ way off-topic, dig the avatar evolve!!! :lol: :lol:

17. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

well the only true way to find out is to dyno-dynamic your car and see what it gives you.

closely following the circumstances and elements would be the only true way to see what your car does against any car. IT is a shame we didnt have at least ONE more CVT dyno.

Sub and I feel very confident our numbers are accurate. As we both had sheets to stare at and compare.

One more CVT could've allowed Conduct the chance to see what OTHER CVT's are doing.

18. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

jeah boiiiiiiii!!!!!!!! :twisted:

19. Conduct

Conduct Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, people have been saying that I should have Close to what 5-speed has, would an exhaust not made for my car rob me of 20 hp or around that? that seems far fetched to me

20. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

yeah i feel ya, but thats a HUGE difference from your numbers to his and you both have just about the same things done, thats why im saying he should still be up there around your numbers, not the same but somewhere ALOT closer than where he is now. he should have took his stock exhaust and changed it out to see the difference between stock exhaust and his custome one. i really think its his custom exhaust thats hurting his numbers. i think yours and sub's numbers are very accurate and people need to realize they are just bolt ons and numbers are not going to sky rocket with bolt ons.