DVD Navi

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by ViperF16, Jun 14, 2007.

1. ViperF16

ViperF16 Well-Known Member

anyone figure out how to allow dvd's to play while driving. i could probably figure it out, but im hesitant to rip it out just yet

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

There is this one guy in a different forum, that claims he did it. BUT he wants a "donation" to give you the info. He says he has 3 years of electronic school training that was put to good use. I can link it here if thats ok but like I said its from another forum.

3. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

the guy from Mitsubishi-Forums?

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

YUP.

5. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

someone told me that he scammed em id be carefull if i was u

6. ViperF16

ViperF16 Well-Known Member

i'm in the air force so i know a lot of electricians, but not sure if i want to start messing with wires quite yet.

7. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Its actually not that hard. There is a green wire that is ran to the parking brake or the park sensor on the autos.

Most indash dvd radios you simply ground this wire to a solid metal ground. Try it that way. If that doesn't work, you must put it on a switch. It will be a switch with 3 prongs. One for power, one for ground, and one that will be wired to the green wire. You will then turn it on, then off, then back on while the car is on.

There you go. All for free. And just so you know, I own a car audio/video/alarm shop.

8. IzzyYo

IzzyYo Active Member

:D Woot thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Imma try this !!! to see if it works.

9. Sp4rt4n

Sp4rt4n Well-Known Member

Thank you Serious8. The guy on the Mitsubishi forums was being a d***

10. Opmscott

Opmscott New Member

Yea I read that guys post, something seemed funny with that...

11. DaveTintNY

DaveTintNY New Member

has anyone try to bypass the dvd or know how to do it?? I hear that you have to be careful cause it could mess up you CPU?? have anyone try the steps taht SeRious08 said?? :?:

12. ClemsonTnuts

ClemsonTnuts Well-Known Member

I haven't had much of a chance to look into it. I don't like the idea of mucking around with wires in the back of the unit though. I think someone else on the boards was talking about hooking their laptop up to the MMCS and seeing if it could be hacked. Either way I am interested to hear more. If the grounding a wire thing works, I would be willing to do it. But for right now frying a $2g head unit would just serve to make me a little more than angry :evil: