Dragon's Tail?

Discussion in 'South and Southeast Owners Forum' started by BladeZero, Oct 29, 2009.

1. BladeZero

BladeZero Member

A friend of mine was telling me about this long stretch of road with alot of twisties called Dragon's Tail that runs between Tennesse and North Carolina. Ive seen a map (along with points where people bit the big one >.<;) So has anyone been on it?

2. xXBrutalXx

xXBrutalXx Well-Known Member

my buddies take there motorcycles out there. i think they said there is like 300 turns in a 20 mile stretch or something like that.

3. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

yea 300 turns on 22 miles... watch for the fuzz they love it there

4. BladeZero

BladeZero Member

Crapsticks I bet!! But I bet its worth the Ticket :D

Has anyone taken their Lancer through it?

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

On a local forum down here I know a few guys were talking about going up there and say it's a lot of fun. They have an annual thing. I was going to go, but I couldn't get off of work for a week. :(

6. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

I have been on it a lot! :) And its the Tail of the dragon, 318 curves in 11 miles. Lancer did awesome, even on the stock suspension. It was definitely a fun drive, that i enjoy. It's only an hour away so we usually go often, sometimes hang out at Fontana Dam, or Santeelah beach (Lake). There are some crazy drivers, i know because i am one of them (sometimes), if you're not behind a slow car it is balls to the wall, using both lanes, and just looking out ahead to make sure there is no oncoming traffic, plus motorcycles passing you in curves at insane speeds. It is ridden by many different groups up and down the east coast, and even farther out. I have more pics... somewhere. But here are a few.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And you get the idea.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

7. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Yeah I've seen a few video's of people going crazy on it. Looks really fun.

8. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

Yeah, there are some crazy people. Lots of wrecks. I have been once and not seen at least one wreck.

9. enkrypter_DJ

enkrypter_DJ Well-Known Member

i wanna go there

10. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

That looks fun!

11. sbdrew5234

sbdrew5234 Member

need to see if we can get a group to do this. im not to far jsut a few hours away. i've went on sportbikes its alot of fun. i am in charlotte, nc.