Double DIN car stereo mounting kit needed

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by RALLIART, Aug 25, 2007.

1. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

Ok guys i have a gts with base audio. I did upgrade an amp for mids and highs. soungs awesome now. But then i have decided to get a dvd player with touch screen 7" and i am looking for a double din stereo mounting kit for 08 lancer. So far i have been unsuccessful everywhere else but mitsubishi. I have found one that they have for a lancer gts with navigation, but it costs 649.00. which in my opinion is stupid for a piece of plastic. Now if anyone knows where i can get one cheaper way cheaper, i will buy it...

btw here is the touchscreen i am getting.

[​IMG]

i just need the double din mounting kit now. any one please help. or please check at ur local mitsu may be price is different.

jake

2. jda1unv

jda1unv Well-Known Member

i think it coast that much because you have to replace that whole section on the dash and if you have to do that ,u should just get the navi through them casue u get the 30g hard drive to store the music

3. RALLIART

already checked on the unit iteself it costs TWO THOUSAND dollars, screw that. the touch screen i am getitng is abel to read sd cards, and many more memory sticks and what not

4. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

im doing the same thing jake i was hoping montrealGTS was gonna hook us up by now but no word. Ultimate Audio can make me a custom one but it will cost me 300-400 $$ which dvd player u putting? Im putting a double bin Kenwood DVD/touch screen player. i helped put it in my friends G35 its bad ass.

5. RALLIART

i am putting the above jvc dvd player with touch screen. and i did ordered the dash kit conversion for a double din from mitsubishi for 349.00. yeah steep but i had to do it. metra not other companie have no eta on the production.

6. LancerGTS

349 aint bad where did u get it from

7. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

8. RALLIART

yep thats the place!

9. LancerGTS

iight thanks!

10. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

Yea np

Please post pics when ur done installing it. If it looks clean i will do this as well

11. RALLIART

yeah i am awaiting the instalation kit now...i definatly will post pics

12. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

post pics with ur sound project ;)