DISABLING DRL from your 2008 Lancer

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by RALLIART, Aug 7, 2007.

1. lancermike

lancermike Well-Known Member

how much is the HID kit??

2. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Member

Food for though, any idea how much the HIDs from the evo will cost? Wouldn't it make sense to swap over after it released; warranty issues?

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

^different shape and size.

4. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

From what I've read in a few posts, you s/b able to swap the EVO X headlight housings onto our cars. If it's true you will have to pay $$$. Will look good though.

5. stronz73

stronz73 Well-Known Member

Thanks man, now i just need to wait for my friend to hook me up with HID kit, and ill be stylin... 4 now anyways. thanks again man.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Guys u r going from DRL to HID. Stick to the topic. If you wanna know more specifics about HID then start a new thread or I will have to start deleting.

7. evo_x_gts

evo_x_gts Member

yup guys...we have to find aways to solve this problem about DRL...for sure lots of member gonna glad about this topic?????

8. gatzaraki

gatzaraki Well-Known Member

it's solved 8O

9. thetaxguy

We asked you for pictures weeks ago. If it's truely "solved" LETS SEE PROOF. I really don't see what's so hard to understand about proving that you have, in fact, solved the enigma of the DRLs.

Let me break it down for you... ed-ja-ma-kate us oh Lord of the DRL Fixes. :roll:

10. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

how did you do it and show us some pix on how to do it???

11. polar1120

polar1120 Well-Known Member

is there anyway to add a relay inline with the lighting wire so that only in the result the full power for the actual headlights is present the relay would only then let power though preventing drls to work?

12. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

exactly we tried asking an explanation and pics, you never got them so hence it hasnt been

13. gatzaraki

i already explain how to do it,you are a bunch of non believers i always back up the upgrades that i do,you want pics? :x read the hole subject find the instructions and use a little imagination :x

14. gatzaraki

i'm calm now her is;;;;
    in your head lights in the bottom corner it's a little bulb ''parking lights''that when you turn you lights control half turn will come on,it has a black and blue wire.so with the white wire from your relay''that will be you remote to turn the lights on''to the blue wire on those lights;then if you have hid,use the red[+] wire to the blue wire in the relay,hook both hid red wires to the blue wire,then the yellow wire to the pos.+ battery terminal and black wire from hid and relay to groud[-] there is a wire on the relay that you donot use my was the red one,well i used a relay from pepboys $7.95. i don't know how else to explain so good luck bros.. Wink there will be a wire mess that you will have to hide away so good luck. AGAIN 8O AND KINK REMEMBER, GO ASK YOUR DAD FIRST

15. gatzaraki

TAX GUY ,again? you want pics?you will have to come to PR to take them :x

16. thetaxguy

I don't mean to bust your balls but reading your instructions makes me want to pull my hair out. They are not clear and w/o pics they are pretty much useless.

Belive me, if I had faith in your instructions and I was independently wealthy, I would be down on the first flight to PR. But alas, I am not.

If you want to prove everyone wrong, then do just that...with pictures. But until you do just that, no one in their right mind will do your rabbit-out-of-a-hat mod that could potentially fry our wiring harness.

But hey...what do I know? :roll:

17. gatzaraki

scare? go buy a dog.. :lol:

18. thetaxguy

:sign3:

19. gatzaraki

^^^^^stupid ...the one who can't do s__t on his own..

20. thetaxguy

To get back on topic...

I just got off the phone with the shop foreman at my local Mistu dealer. He looked through the latest updates for our cars to see if there is a way around the DRLs - As of right now there is none, however, MMA is going to be looking into a way around the issue as many owners are installing or will be installing HIDs.

Just a little heads up. I will post something as soon as I find out.