DISABLING DRL from your 2008 Lancer

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by RALLIART, Aug 7, 2007.

1. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

This should be in the tutorial section, but with many people going straight here to get the HID kits, we will leave this here

1. Open your manual to page 7-40. Locate the fuse box that looks exactly like the one in the picture.
    2. Flip the page to 7-42 look at the picture ENGINE COMPARTMENT FUSE LOCATION TABLE.
    3. Locate fuse number 13 ( 10amps) and pull it out with your car off of course. Note if you arent sure which fuse is which look at the table on page 7-43 of your manual.

TA DA!!! thats it....now everyone go get those HID kits. I may have to get one for myself!

2. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

lol i feel so special that i figured that out. I noticed it when i was installing my neons

3. RALLIART

ok guys i have a small dilemma, lancergts said to pull the fuse, asfter i looked at the manual as i wrote the above mini tutorial myself, i found out that the fuses supposed to be in the circles below slots for the DRL. i will wait for him to get home from work and confirm this picture below, may be each lancer its not setup the same, since some people get the fully loaded gts, and some get the basic gts. and below

[​IMG]

4. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

Can anyone else confirm this? I read a post about some guy pulling the fuse for the DRL's and it went off for a little then went back on after a couple miles of driving. I'm a little skeptic of this b/c....if it was that simple, it would of been figures out monthes ago

5. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

i also dont have that fuse...

???

6. RALLIART

LancerGTS where is out reply, which fuse is it?

7. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

i dont know but then i installed HID's they disabled the DRL's it worked perfect i didnt have to do anything but install the HID kit.

8. Automoglow

Automoglow Well-Known Member

The DRL run in a lower wattage so it will make the ballast lifetime shorter. I advised to disable the DRL unless the DRL use the same wattage as normal which i think in the case of the 08 lance they run off a lower wattage

9. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

^^im pretty sure DRL's are at a lower wattage.

10. chetman7

^^^^

sorry to go OT, but

JRox----How u liking that CF hood? I'm thinkin about picking one up; just a little skeptic b/c i've yet to see any good angles pics of it....u have any lying around?

11. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

sorry every1 i didnt have a chance to go to my car and look i had to take my son to the hospital. ill get you answers as soon as i can.

12. brian360

brian360 Member

I have the 08 Lancer GTS Fully Loaded, the fuse you circled in your picture in the bottom right is installed in my car, but apparently doesn't do anything... i.e., I removed it and the DRLs and everything else appeared to function just as usual. Weird.

The Relay socket you circled is not populated in my car.

13. chetman7

just checked my fuse box....I have non of those fuses occupied in my car

bummer...

14. chetman7

Rob and Brain from RRM will have working HID's by the end of this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. RALLIART

good call, but whats the point of supporting RRM at this point, if they gonna charge SHIT load of money for the HID kit, it wont surprise me if the price will be as high as 250-300 dollars, shipped. we have our own here Eric from automoglow who can support the HID to us for 190 shipped and its quality products! we just need to know which fuse lancergts has pulled. hopefully we wont hold out on us much longer and will come forth tonight! To lancergts: hope everything will get better with your son.

16. Automoglow

Hmmmm I think my HIDs are working now. I dont understand what you mean by working HIDS? ohhh by the way thanks Jake for supporting me here and everyone else! Ill beat those prices any day!

17. Automoglow

my friend just called over there they are just going to sell you a 400.00 HID kit and inside the kit will be instructions on how disable the DRLs (they wouldnt help him do it over the phone unless he bought the kit) which im sure one of us on this site will eventually find out ro chetman can buy the kit and then tell everyone then i can sell you guys the kit for 185.00 :wink: .

18. Automoglow

19. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

^^our fuse box isnt the same.

20. RALLIART

so still no news from lancergts???????????????? come on pedro tell us..