Curious about the '11 Lancer Dash

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by UnderCover, Dec 22, 2010.

1. UnderCover

UnderCover Member

I noticed a significantly more attractive guage cluster and information LED panel is standard in the new Lancers. I guess the proper term would be "instrument cluster" Has anyone tried to see if they could retrofit it to the 08-10? A local junkyard has a totaled '11 and I am tempted to rip the dash out and see if it is a direct plug and play.

Old
    [​IMG]

New
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

New one looks a lot sexier. It looks cosmetically the same.

3. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

There shouldnt be a difference in the wiring or the set up. Its just cosmetically more attractive. I say go for it man if i find one im doing the same thing

4. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

i say go for it, and your lucky to find a brand new car in the junk yard like that, i have yet to see any lancer at one of my junk yards

5. 1slowlance

Would the wiring be the same though? I mean, the LED displays are quite a bit different.

6. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

The swap doesn't seem to be an issue. The problem will be your mileage won't transfer over to the '11 cluster.

7. UnderCover

UnderCover Member

ooooh....that would be a problem.

8. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

When I upgraded to the evo 8 cluster it was only off by 402 miles. So I just wrote a note saying add this amount to actual odo reading.

9. 1slowlance

Is that first picture your dash? If so, you could just do what Jog did, and add however many miles, considering there's like 700 on it.

10. UnderCover

UnderCover Member

That is not a photo of my car, it is a stock image from mitsu....mine has about 36k more :)

11. jester

jester Well-Known Member

It only matters for the mileage when you go to sell if from what I have heard as long as your honest when that time comes I dont see why there would be a problem unless you try to fraudulently say that your car has less mileage than it really does I have also hear that unless you swapping from say 150000 to say 1500 that it is not a problem but I could be wrong just ask the DMV or state inspector if it were not ok to do then noone would make aftermarket displays to replace a damaged one but check your warranty to be safe

12. sk13322

sk13322 Well-Known Member

hmmmm thats odd i have a 2011 sportback and it has the dash you say is "old"

13. EVO

EVO Active Member

are u sure can swap just like that? it seems the wire harness are different for the latest coloured instrument panel.

14. aznboiultra

aznboiultra Well-Known Member

I got to agree with some of you guys, the wiring does look different. What I am afraid of is the center display for fuel and miles might not work properly. If your going to try it, tell us how well it is working cause I want to swap it to on my 08 lancer too.

15. Jogenmaru

I'd do it if it was only like $100 swap. And if its just wires that need swapping then so be it. Get to swapping. If you buy it from the junkyard and its still on the car I would make a diagram of the harness for the colors and compare it with your harness first. Plug in the new harness if something is off then you will know what wire to swap. I know for me, when I put in my evo cluster in my lancer it was a direct swap. Only issue I have is the back light is constantly on but I dont mind that at all.

16. EVO

EVO Active Member

Bro,

just to confirm your lancer is the Gts?
    so the evo cluster does fit nicely which means the wire harness are quite similar then except what/where is the backlight?

17. Jogenmaru

Naw. Sorry, I have a 2003 lancer and I got the cluster from an 05 evo. I was just saying if mine was a direct swap for these 2 differnt model cars why wouldn't yours of the same model just different year fit. The evo cluster is differwnt from my lancer cluster but still the same in many ways. Just like your car and the new cluster you want.

sent from my droid2 using tapatalk bitches

18. EVO

EVO Active Member

no prob. i guess someone will fin out soon on whether can swap after studying the circuit diagrams etc

19. aznboiultra

aznboiultra Well-Known Member

8+ months later... so were you able to swap it?