could this be a problem 160 km @ 6000 rpm ??

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by aratkrision, Sep 13, 2010.

1. aratkrision

aratkrision Active Member

I have a 2010 gts CVT

i was driving a few moments ago in a highway and was driving @ 120 km but then i pushed the gas HARD and i saw it went to 160 KM but on the other side it says 6000 RPM and rising so i took out my foot from the pedal and the rpm when down pushed it again to maintanin speed but then again it was going to 6000rpm someone told me that this is really bad but im not sure

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  2. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Go to your local dealer and have them check for error codes. I know a while back some members had this problem but had their ecu's reprogrammed and it fixed it

3. aratkrision

thanks man! i was worried, now on the other hand i wonder if the guys @ the local dealer will want to reprogram the ecu T_T

4. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

What the hell are you doin 100 mph for?! And that shouldnt be right at all. the km to rpms that is. What is your max speed on the speedometer and are you auto, cvt, or standard???

5. aratkrision

i never run that fast just wanted to test it my lancer is a auto CVT 2.0 the max speed is 240 and i went up to 210 km once

6. aratkrision

heres the video sorry for the low quality i t was filmed with a cellphone, as u can see the rpm is going up normal then i push the gas hard and it goes to 6 k witha speen around 120 140 --- if i let it go to 160 it goes almost to 7 k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2pJiUDOSsI