Chains' 02 OZ-Rally (EVE)

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by Chains, May 15, 2011.

1. Chains

Chains Well-Known Member

This is my 02 OZ-Rally, EVE. I've had her for two years now and have a tons of ideas for her. I couldn't previously get everything done with the car because ever since I joined the Army I was helping out my very sick father, then I got married. Now that things have settles down after just making it past our 1st anniversary I will be able to get to work on her since I am deploying soon and will be able to spend some extra cash.

EVE
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    Bass knob under steering wheel
    [​IMG]
    Pioneer flip out screen in-dash

[​IMG]
    Kicker 500.1 Amp
    [​IMG]
    2 Boston G1s
    [​IMG]

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Sweet fogged up headlights, bro. Look exactly like mine. Lol. Evo grill, drop, paint rims or new rims, and you're done. Maybe a few other things here and there. Digging the stock exhaust. I'm tired of my aftermarket one.

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

You sound like your ready to go back to your stock exhaust and ready to swap em yours for his. If that's the case sounds like a great deal to me. And yea what hunk said. Get that ralliart grille and a drop. Some 16's on her and yea exhaust with intake.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

4. Chains

Chains Well-Known Member

Well, I'm getting these heads and tails, an EVO spoiler and hopefully a matte black paint job. Also, once I get some money the Army owes me I will have the one of these sets of rims(18'') one my car for $650.00 with tires included.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Chains

Chains Well-Known Member

oh, and HID conversion either bright white or or blue

and I want a Greddy TI-C exhaust catback but, thinking it might be to much for the OZ.

Moving to Germany in Sept. so I should be able to get an EVO for cheaper than here in the states.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  6. Jogenmaru

18s are gonna look huuuge. I would personally go no higher than 17. Im a 16's kinda guy so yea.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

7. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

+1 I had 18's on my R/A for a while, and the ride is terrible because of the tires have to be so thin. Its not an issue that rolling the fenders will solve....the tire will hit the bolt that attaches the rear bumper to the quarter panel. i had to run a 225/35/18 with mine... I say drop it and go with a nice set of 16's.

8. Chains

Chains Well-Known Member

I guess I will just go with 17s now that you mention that, 16s just leave to much tire for me if that makes any sense. I was going to get the 18s and just take them back if they started to rub.

9. Jogenmaru

Also, I have those tails. They are good for you to put on one time. Then after that they crack. I have pictures of it on my progress report. They look good if only they didnt crack in those corners.

10. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I had 18s as well. I was running 215 series on mine. It was probably the smoothest ride ever. And go with bright white. 5000k 55 watt.

11. sseanay

sseanay Member

you mean they're only good to have on if you won't take them off and put them back? or like, they're only good to have for a short amount of time? because those are the ones I was gonna get too.

12. Jogenmaru

Well what I meant was I put them on the first time and they fit perfect. But once I removed them because I bought led tail lights to replace the oem bulb it cracked on the edge. So if you put them on never take them off. Maybe I had a faulty set cuz tail lights should be able to be removed more than once without them being cracked. I will take a pic and show you.

13. sseanay

sseanay Member

ohhh alright I understand what you're saying. Do you recommend getting LED bulbs for those tails?because if so, I'll get some before I ever install them to avoid this issue.

14. Jogenmaru

If you have cruise control and use it on long trips then no. If we put led bulbs in our cruise control stops working. I dont know why that is but I had to figure it out the hard way. If you dont use it then go for it. Just dont get the spider led.They are hardly visible and suck.

15. sseanay

sseanay Member

nah i dont. thanks man, the advice is very much appreciated.

16. Chains

Chains Well-Known Member

Hey Jogenmaru did you have LEDs in the tail when you posted those pics on your progress report?

17. Jogenmaru

yea they were. they are the spider lights i was referring to. they are more for show than street use. i recommend not using those for street use. hunk had a pair in his lancer i think. check out his pr. he also had stock tails too so im not sure what it would look like in our type of tails.

18. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

i like the wheels they look really good. im not familiar with the OZ edition of the lancer for that year what where they putting down stock?

19. Jogenmaru

The only difference between the oz lancer and the es is the type of springs they use for suspension, the bolt pattern of the wheels, and the added rear sway bar, the wheels themselves of course, some interior differences i think it was only the gauge cluster was a different color. Other than that they were the same engine putting down only 100 horsies. The older lancers are THE economy car. It was stock rated for 32 mpg highway and 29 city. If you add an intake and exhaust its rated for 42-45 highway and 30 city/highway mix. I only say that for highway because when I took my trip from here to myrtle beach, sc i went there on a full tank and didnt really have to stop for gas at all. I did because my gauges were messed up at the time and werent accurate so I just waited for the light to come one. Once it saw it stay steady i stopped to get gas. I was at 415 miles at that point.

20. Jogenmaru

I can show you my car personally but its all in pieces right now since I just moved and took some stuff out to make room to put some stuff in. I also believe all oz were only manual trasmission. I havent come across an auto tranny on an oz yet. I dont think.

Last edited: May 17, 2011