CE Cluster

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by Grooverider, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Grooverider

Grooverider New Member

So i seem to be having some trouble with my 99 CE lancer cluster. the speedo and the tacho(along with the temp,fuel and odomiter) gauges spasmodically stop working, the problem has been getting worse to the point where its all stopped working and does not seem like its going to come back.. I know of someone else who had this issue with his 00 CE lancer and has orded a whole new cluster for it.. is this a commen probem with them? and if so what are the best ways to fix the problem. thanks.

2. olacy

olacy New Member

Same issue in my 05 ES.

All the needles got stuck, pulled the cluster out, pulled the plugs from the back, all the needles dropped to zero, started the car, everything seemed to be working fine. Drove it one for a 15 minute period, everything seemed fine, parked it for a few hours, drove it again, everything seemed fine that time (quick drive), then the 3rd time, speedo was off, mph was way off - no idea if my miles/gas/temp are correct.

Previously, three times, I experienced all the needles dropping to zero and then back up again in a matter of seconds.
    Thought the issue would just pass or not cause any real problems - NOW - im facing issues. I cant drive around guessing what my speed or gas is.

I have no idea what to do now besides bring it to a shop.