Car Insurance...Ripped off or not?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by playa213xx, Nov 29, 2007.

1. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

Im 18, I waited to get my license till I was 18, the lancer is ym 1st car. it was gonna be around 500/month on my own insurance so i put myself under my dads insurance and im paying 207/month, I went down to the insurance offic the other day and asked them when are they gonna stop robbing me and they said when you turn 19 it will go down $30. :D

good luck

BigSteve-

2. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

Unforunately, it comes down to the simple fact that Guys under 25 pay about 30-40% more. It is statistically proven that guys under 21/25 do more crazy shit than others, so everyone pays for the few numb skulls who race and crash their cars. I was under my parents when I started driving my car at 16. Mine was a 2 year old used VW Jetta which I still drive today and I was paying 275 a month with a 1000 dollar deductible. Having a brand new car only makes the number go higher. It will probably be the same across the board with most carriers depending on how much coverage you want whether it is just the bare minimum required by your state or fuller coverage of your choice. I am now almost 21. I have since changed insurance from Allstate to Farmers and now pay $150 a month. It has steadily gone down a bit each year and then jumped $50 cheaper when I switched insurances. I should get a small break once I am 21 since my record is clean (2 tickets have been wiped from the record via time/drivers safety class and no accidents ever). I will get my final drop when I turn 25. There really aint much you can do about it.

Bill

3. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

I'm 23, female, and my insurance is $83 a month. :)

4. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

what if i tuck my goods between my legs and wear a dress.
    Call me as gay as you want, i'll be the one paying $83 IF it works
    if not i guess i'll just try a new lifestyle

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

5. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Uh, you could try that. You could pretend to be Chris Crocker and be a big Britney fan and paint your Lancer bright barbie pink!!

Have you switched to Geico? :D

6. mezzedupdream

mezzedupdream Well-Known Member

wow these prices r ridiculous. Im 19 and I pay 110 a month for my gts with state farm. I also told my friend thats 20 that just got an 08 accord to go to my insurance lady and she's going to pay 180 a month

7. voidedwarrenties

voidedwarrenties Well-Known Member

I pay $230 a month for lyabality only. Full coverage would have been around $600. I looked at alomst every company out their

8. Nosman

Nosman Active Member

I pay 84$ a month and im 21 plus my 4 wheeler (honda trx 400ex) is on the same inssurance so just the car its probebly 75-80$ a month . 500$ collision deductible , 250$ for fire or stolen car and 0$ for hit and run .

9. playa213xx

playa213xx Well-Known Member

wow you guys are all lucky....i'm not sure what magazine it was but i read somewhere that NY is known to have the "worst" drivers. Now whether or not this follows through to the insurance companies or not is beyond me. It makes sense that it could be an underlying factor....my bill is outrageous

10. DirectorSe7en

DirectorSe7en Well-Known Member

I have 6 speeding tickets and my insurance is $300

11. delphium_

My Pop's added me to his plan so i'm only paying 180/month

Thats good seeing as i barely got my license this week and have a brand new ES sitting in the garage.

:D!

so only 500/month for car and insurance
    not bad at all.

12. bf360

bf360 Well-Known Member

is that for a lancer cause i see the evo x pics as your avi and sig

im 17, and pay 300 a month under my moms, is that a lot?

13. delphium_

depends really...

Since you're underage its actually pretty cheap

and it also depends on weather your mom has a clean record or not

14. xXBrutalXx

xXBrutalXx Well-Known Member

im paying $60/month through Liberty Mutual

15. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

allstate is good.. they have benefits like if u let them automaticaly deduct it each month it saves like 15 a month or so.. I pay like 130.

16. Milagro

Milagro Well-Known Member

I'm 18, state farm here in NM charges me 90 bucks a month on my GTS. Safety features FTW

17. Rockie

Rockie Member

wow. im with stae farm and i pay 150 a month, and that's with life insurance, and im the same age as you

18. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

I'm 20, I have 9 points on my license and I pay 2400 a year