Car Insurance...Ripped off or not?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by playa213xx, Nov 29, 2007.

1. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

Bro, Im 18 and i pay 207/mo

2. topher

topher Well-Known Member

WOW i have had my license suspended 3 times in the last 5years and on my own i pay 311 a month and im 21!! shop around alot more.....

3. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

9 air bags and rated one of the highest in safety!

keep shopping!

4. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

wow... i agree thats a lot , but you say "only" one accident.... well one accident affects a lot in your quote, also when did you get you license? the time uve been driving affect a lot.. alsp the fact that its an 2008 car, and you owe a sh!t load of it, affects as well....
    ive been driving since im 16 (21 now) no accidents and im paying 1100 every six months.... (around 190 a month)

i am with infinity insurance

5. BabyLee

BabyLee Well-Known Member

ok well after reading all this i realized i m also getting the shit kicked out of me a month 4 ins. i pay 474 a month for 10 months.....but i thought that was kinda normal cuz im 21 n im on my own policy.....sometimes its a lot cheaper if ur on with ur mommy or daddy or someone. maybe thats y?? i have liberty mutual.

6. BabyLee

BabyLee Well-Known Member

ok well after reading all this i realized i m also getting the shit kicked out of me a month 4 ins. i pay 474 a month for 10 months.....but i thought that was kinda normal cuz im 21 n im on my own policy.....sometimes its a lot cheaper if ur on with ur mommy or daddy or someone. maybe thats y?? i have liberty mutual.

7. topher

topher Well-Known Member

i hope everyone has FULL COVERAGE cause i would love 474 every 10 monthes! i pay that every 3!

8. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

I pay about $150 per month, full coverage. AAA, expensive.

Get another quote. When I was 18 I had 12 points on my license and I didn't pay that much per month.

9. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

unitrindirect.com and/or progressive.com im 21 with 2 speeding tickets and 1 accident and 1 claim. paying 210$/month

10. Nemo420

yeah mine is full coverage and plus your finance company will not let you get anything other than full coverage.

i pay $100 a month for 6 months with the General.

11. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

wow, i just completed a quote with the general and i would be paying the same a mount im paying for 6 months, for a whole year!

thanx for the info dude...

12. Nemo420

yeah no doubt brotha, i did my shopping and they were really the lowest.

Good Luck!

13. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

yea i pay about 240 a month which i think is alot for being 20 and nothing on my record

14. sunstealth

sunstealth Well-Known Member

im paying 183$ a month now because i didnt have a full year of coverage

ill be down to around 120$ starting february 1st

im in canada(quebec more precisely, one of the 3 highest rated province on insurance from what i know) desjardinsinsure me, they have the lowest rate and i only have a 250$ deductible

so you are geting your nuts squeezed HARD with this price

15. Funk_Docta

Funk_Docta Member

I don't know how much Americans pay for insurance, but to be paying enough insurance to cover the cost of the car within 5 years is ridiculous. Its not like as if its some souped up turbocharged car. Someone saw you coming a mile away.

I'm getting a Lancer GTS (called VRX in Australia) in the first week of 2008 and my comprehensive insurance quote for 12 months is less than what you pay in 1 month, and I wrote off a car earlier this year and am only 25. Although I get a fleet discount on my insurance, but even if I go to another company it might be double that which is still a hell of a lot less than you're paying.

16. cyrus

cyrus Member

i am picking up my vrx (gts) on friday this week. my insurance is only $1100 (australian) per 12 months. and no driving offences but one claim 12 months ago

17. prcdslnc13

prcdslnc13 Well-Known Member

you are getting raped dude. i have 2 moving violations and Im 23 and Im paying 115 a month for my GTS. I have General Casualty. time to start shopping bro

18. sirelancer

sirelancer Well-Known Member

wow the general auto insurance is very good right now im paying 223.00 with farmers insurance..wuth the general it would be about 100.00 a month

19. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

I've been having alot of trouble with this aswell
    I'm just 18 so i have a clean record no tickets no accidents[been driving illegally for over a year]

My dads plan is mercury and to get added on it would cost me 300 a month
    thats insane seeing as i'm already going to be paying around 300 for my lancer es

Every single quote i've gotten is +300

I need full coverage mos def, but i cannot afford 600 a month for car and insurance
    thats rediculous

20. Inferno

Inferno Active Member

Yeah I think they are ripping you im 25 with 3 vehicles and i only pay 307 a month but i do have 3 accidents a claim and a few speeding tickets on my record. But damn man yours is expensive I didnt pay that much when I was your age.