C-lo's '09 Lancer ES Sport progress report

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by C-lo, Oct 14, 2010.

1. C-lo

C-lo Well-Known Member

Woot!!! just put on my studable winter tires on my lancer :p THEY GRIP LIKE CRAZY ON SNOW!!!! 4 new pirelli on my stock rims that i'll paint black once it gets warmer and going to keep them on there until i get other rims and tires for the summer :)
    i'll post pictures soon

2. C-lo

C-lo Well-Known Member

MY NEW RIMS AND TIRES!!!! DR (drag) 38 with Hankook's!!! :) (18inch btw :p)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and now i'll save more money to lower the car :) any suggestions? i was looking into tein

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I love drag wheels. Most of them look badass. Like the ones you have now. Just lower the car now with some coil-overs.

4. C-lo

C-lo Well-Known Member

i got my INJEN cold air intake yesterday and i finally got time to put it in today. with my girlfriend's help we got it in and got it done enough for a test drive and i love it!!!! hahaha
    here's some pics:
    because even my kittens love injen hahaha
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    full view
    [​IMG]
    old stock intake (keeping it) with a tornado stead turbine (more mpgs) and a K&N dry air-flow filter
    [​IMG]
    now to get some money and get some tein basic package to lower the car :p

5. Jogenmaru

Tein super street or megan. Basic only allow you to adjust hieght. Not the dampning force(stiffness/softness).

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

6. C-lo

C-lo Well-Known Member

yea i'm only going with the basic because this car is more show than performance, i mean it's an automatic 2.0 4cyl with great mpg's compared to my next project once i get the money ('00/'01 svt cobra)

7. C-lo

C-lo Well-Known Member

so i was bored today and since i decided to procrastinate on my homework once again i went ahead, jumped in the car with my girl and we went shopping for some pain :) painted the front grille black and got some paint from home depot (it's a yellow-ish orange kinda) to put on my calipers. Seeing as how it's regualr paint and not usually for high temps i'll test it out and let you guys know if it help or not. in the mean time i'll post pictures of the grille. now i know the pictures aren't too clear but i'll take some pics in the morning and i'll post some more. until then here's what i got
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. C-lo

C-lo Well-Known Member

took some pictures in the morning
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Jogenmaru

10. C-lo

C-lo Well-Known Member

lol, well actually i always park on the visitor spots because the other 2 parking spots given to our house are taken my my parents lol. and thanks i'm glad you also like it :)
    and damn!! really big price difference...even with the ones i was t hinking of getting

http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Desc.cfm?PartNo=PTDSE20%2DLUSS2&MakeCode=mitsub&ModelCode=lancer&ModelYear=2008%2D2010%202%2E0L&ModelDesc=Lancer

thanks for the links dude

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  11. Jogenmaru

yea with the megans you can actually slam you car to the ground. Well with my 03 lancer I could if I had smaller tires. If you look in my P.R. you can see how low I sit now. Looking at the coilovers I still have about another 2 inches or so I could drop it. But I dont want to cuz as you know the roads here in VA are crap and a single bump would cause major rub.

12. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I really like the cf in the grill.

13. C-lo

C-lo Well-Known Member

so i was looking into buying some LED tail lights, and so far the cheapest i found was the RRM ones for $329.00, i was wondering if any of you guys knew where else i could get some?

14. Jogenmaru

ebay: I typed in this " 08 lancer led tail lights " and got six pages of stuff. Goto page 3. Thats where the actual tail lights start.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A15%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1&rt=nc&_nkw=08%20lancer%20led%20tail%20lights&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_sc=1&_sop=15&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=3

All the evo lancer and ralliart tails fit each other for 2008-2010. I dont know about the 2011.

15. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

2008-2011 Lancer/RA/Evo Taillights are fit each other.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  16. C-lo

C-lo Well-Known Member

so, i haven't done any mods lately because 1. i'm savin some money (give me a break i'm in college hahaha) and 2. i've been thinking of gettin a ninja 250R. still, i found the time to do a quick 5 min mod
    debadging :p
    [​IMG]
    and also my personal win
    [​IMG]

17. 1slowlance

I've been looking into getting a motorcycle too for the past year or so. Trying to get some other things in my life straightened out first, then maybe get a little more serious about it after. I've always wanted a bike.

18. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

Just saying don't get a 250 get something a little more substantial I had a gs500 for my first bike and after a few months I wish I would have gotten something bigger. I sold it and I wish I had the money for a new bike! I'm looking at a gsxr 750!

Sent from my Droid

19. C-lo

C-lo Well-Known Member

well the reason why i'm getting a ninja 250R is because i'm tiny...honestly i'm like 5 feet and maybe an inch...and a half to be nice lol, and i'm extremelly skinny, so since i've never ridden a bike before i figured i'd get something cheap, yet good looking, and learn how to ride, once i have more experience i'll def upgrade, for now i'm just looking to learn on a 250r so it doesn't hurt my pocket, because one thing is for sure, if i do get a bike...i hate saying this but i know i'm going to drop it, so i need practice lol.
    as far as my car, i just started painting my engine bay, i'll post some pictures once i get the chance, and fyi i did it while at work (auto zone) which meant...free paint wohoo!!!

20. 1slowlance

This exactly sums it up. I would look into getting a small bike maybe a 500, but preferably a 250 or something to learn on first and get used to riding. I've rode a few smaller bikes a few times, but never for a long period of time.