Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by spentplsr711, Aug 13, 2009.

1. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Yeah $212 isn't worth having hands free lol. I'd rather just call back the person when I'm stopped. Plus I have an automatic so talking on the phone while driving is easy :)

2. spentplsr711

spentplsr711 Member

Hell thats why they invented speaker phone. another way to do it is hook your phone up to the aux on the car and it works great. i did that with my old truck. cant with this phone cuz i need a special adapter to hook it up to the aux. guess i will buy that cuz its only $8.

3. gtoddc

gtoddc New Member

The Blue tooth is more than just a speaker phone. It kinda becomes an extension of your phone.

Once you activate it and pair it with your phone, it auto detects your phone whenever you get in the car. Once connected any incoming calls turn off your sound system and says "incoming call" and the music turns back on once you hang up. There is also a phone directory where you can program all your friends numbers verbally and then calling them is as simple hitting the voice button and saying "call **** " you can also dial a number by saying "dial 555-5555". the one thing I dont like about this is that you cannot "call name" from your phones directory, only from the cars directory which holds about 30 listings.

The volume is controlled by, but separate, from your sound system settings, meaning if you have your stereo cranked...you phone conversation will still be at a normal level (assuming your last call was set at a normal level)

Also,the voice recognition is pretty impressive, better than my BB. I havent had to repeat a number or name yet.

..and Spent, if you bought a car that had BT included on the sticker, you can bet they charged you for it. I would go back and insist that either they install it, or credit back equivalent amount.

4. SPAMMER

[lancer2quick]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2010