Bluetooth Question

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by Oni, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

Ok, so I'm getting my ES on Thursday but I couldn't find any with the bluetooth preinstalled.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all the ESs bluetooth ready? So if you don't get it from the dealer that way, they can install the bluetooth transmitter/receiver?

Is that right?

2. lightgear

lightgear New Member

I am not sure if the bluetooth-ready feature is standard on ES. I can just say that if your Lancer is ready your dealer can hook up a bluetooth accessory - no worries there except that it will cost around $250 + installation.
    Check your Lancer sticker (or ask dealer) - it should say if its bluetooth prewired.

3. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

250 + installation if you don't know how to negotiate with your dealer =)

4. lightgear

lightgear New Member

You pay either way - if you have accessory preinstalled price is included in what you pay for a car.

5. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

be careful, sometimes dealers will slap a spoiler on a es and sell it as a gts, i have seen that many times, matter of fact i was driving by one mitsu dealer about 40 miles from my house and i seen a es with a gts spoiler! check all that before u buy

6. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

^same here but it was a DE, I checked him on it and said why is it drums in the back and the mirrors not body matched!!!!

7. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

I'm getting the ES with the spoiler... they can't sell the DE in Texas because AC is required by state law in vehicle sales and in all business buildings... (AC rule only applies to cars after law was made years ago... or if you personally choose no AC because you're dumb... but it'd be hard to find one of those)

8. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

Ya, I think I'm getting mine installed for 235 out the door. The dealership is going to have to order it though since they don't have any Bluetooth kits on hand and the car I'm getting didn't come from the factory with it. I just wanted to make sure the dealer could upgrade it when the part comes in. Someone on the official mitsu forums said they needed to activate it with a special laptop so people couldn't just install it at home on their own for cheap.