Best Way to make my OZ faster?

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Performance' started by xhntrgrlx, Jun 9, 2011.

1. xhntrgrlx

xhntrgrlx Member

What is the best way that I can make my 2002 OZ rally faster...Cold Air Intake or Short Ram? Any other suggestions

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Unfortunately to make your oz faster is going to cost more than you think. It requires either an engine swap or a turbo kit on your current engine or both. Right now you have the 4g94 engine, your only option is a 4g64 engine swap. Or you can turbo your 4g94 engine with a complete evo 8 turbo setup. Either way is going to cost you $2 grand or more.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

3. xhntrgrlx

xhntrgrlx Member

Thanks =] i kinda figured. do you think that it is worth it to atleast put a K&N short ram in?

4. Jogenmaru

If you get any cold air or short ram intake it will improve gas mileage. But that also depends on how you drive. If you put the pedal to the floor a lot then it will hurt your gas mileage a lot more than normal. It will give you at best 1 whp.

5. Jogenmaru

I will tell you this though. Building your own turbo kit from an evo 8 is not too hard or expensive. Im done with buying all parts except 2 gaskets and then I can put it on. The hard part is tuning it. But if you crave knowledge then it should be a cinch

6. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Stickers man. Lots and lots of stickers. Because we all know a sticker = 5hp

7. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

This is true. I've got a bunch and I KNOW I go faster.

8. 03 ES GUY

03 ES GUY Well-Known Member

The zombies perk stickers give you afterburners!!

9. xhntrgrlx

xhntrgrlx Member

lol im not putting stickers on my car boys

10. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

NOS lol i kidd. NOS will destroy your car. if you want to get power and want to do it right, boost it or do bolt ons maybe a stroker kit or an evo top end swap (cams, injectors, etc) and get it tuned to run on 89 or 91. my 2 cents.

11. 03 ES GUY

03 ES GUY Well-Known Member

Why not? HP for lancers requires the use of 1 sticker per mod haha

Sent from the Sickest Thunderbolt EVER

12. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Well, just like the others, I agree with the stickers....but if you want real power from the 2.0, you are going to have to taer it down and build it. Without a doubt, turbo would provide the most dramatic increase. The basic bolt-ons would add a little power to it, but until you start swapping cams, cam gears, ignition system, ECU mapping, etc....its just beating a dead horse.

13. 1slowlance

Taer it down. Exactly. I would comment on what to do, but it would be exactly what everyone else said.

14. unclebob

unclebob Member

4g93e head swap was 1400 and was 60 hp gain on n/a then made big difference on turbo built block

15. Jogenmaru

...........possible. very possible. But where am I going to find this malaysian head in the united states. Its hard to come across and I can't forsee the 7 in the u.s. giving there's up.

16. 1slowlance

Lol. Let's just all go to Malaysia and get one for each of us.