Belgarams Progress Report

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by Belgaram, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Belgaram

Belgaram Well-Known Member

Update as requested:
    Have been waiting to get it on the Dyno, but we have run into the busy season for my tuners shop and dyno. It's tough to coordinate a time when we are both available. That said, things have been good so far (knock on wood). There is a definite increase in HP. and at 30 MPH in 2nd gear if I step on it, I WILL throw you back in your seat. From a dig is still a dog. The lag is better, but no where what I'd like. The nature of the CVT unfortunately. I have noticed that humidity is ALOT more influential than before. I am tuned at 89 octane. If they had 91 here I would get that, but it's 87, 89, 93. I have tried and failed miserably at recording a 0-60 video for yas. The one time I actually got a good time, (not screwing up with trying to record, shift, focus on the road and keep the camera on the speedometer) I actually never hit record... FML... I'm going to have my tuner run my car while I record it one of these days. He always seems to get much better launches than me anyway. I have still been researching cams (the only thing we haven't done yet) and am learning that stock Evo X 248 cams are the way to go. Alot less agressive than the 272's I was looking at originally.

I had a few little street races in a controlled area since getting it done and 1 thing I have noticed is how bad the CVT really hinders this car. Example. I raced a Civic Si that had some stuff done and from a stop he beat me by less than a car length. We went from a 30mph roll, I was in 2nd, floored it and blew him away by over a car and a half. So my achilles heel is by far from a stop. Hopefully with some more fine tuning, we can lessen it a little more.

All in all tho, the car is a TON more fun to drive and the gains are VERY noticable. I will get the hard numbers posted as soon as I can.

OH!! I did forget 1 minor thing... Some how, I don't know when, or how or where it happened, but I ended up with a baseball sized dent above the rear driver side door between the roof and the door on that little strip. And it chipped some paint. I almost cried when I saw it. I swear no matter how hard you try to keep something nice, something happens to screw it up.

2. moosemeister

moosemeister Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see some new pictures man. This looks really nice. Good job!

3. khunter

khunter New Member

Nice looking car sorry to hear about the dent.. Where did you get your steering wheel cf logo at i really like it.

4. Belgaram

Belgaram Well-Known Member

Thank you :)
    It is carbon fiber wrap. I had some left over from doing the front. So I put a small square over the emblem, then cut it out with an exacto knive. Then tucked it in with a plastic scraper. It turned out perfect.

5. James740

James740 Member

Really like what you've done with it, love the brake glow orange under the hood

6. knarles

knarles Active Member

Definitely an inspirational thread for my build since I also have the CVT. Like what you've done so far, can't wait to see what you have in store next.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011