Ayount08's 2002 OZ Rally progress Report

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by ayount08, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Things to replace since the engine will be open:
    Pistons and rods. They are the weakest parts of our engines. All gaskets and lifters. You can buy upgraded parts and get an upgraded camshaft but it will cost you some good amount of cash. Also, do you clutch and flywheel as well. I wouldn't do it alone or at all if your not familiar with building/repairing engines. You can do the clutch yourself but that's more or less about the space.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

2. ayount08

ayount08 Well-Known Member

Okay thanks. I priced it all up on getting it from rrm (Im not going cheap on this) and it was about 4 grand. Also would it be a good idea to bore the engine from 2L to like 2.2L or 2.3L?

Tapatalk oh yes

3. ayount08

Also I came up with my new paint job. Base color white with gold/bronze 17 or 18" wheels with some kind of gold/bronze airbrush on the side. Kind of thinking like a Japanese dragon wrapping over the rear wheel Wells and going along the side possibly

Tapatalk oh yes

4. ayount08

*cry* T.T I was forced to remove my tail light black out to pass my inspection. I think I'll just be getting the tail lights on RRM for the 02-03 lancers, unless anybody else has a nice aftermarket pair of them that they're willing to part with?

5. shieldwolf342

shieldwolf342 Well-Known Member

6. ayount08

7. Jogenmaru

This will work. Dont forget the option of building your own and tuning on your own. That kit will give you about 50% percent increase in power. you will be at 150 hp at the wheels. I would say hardly worth it. If you do get this kit, I would tune it myself or take it to a tuner and get a better tune than what this offers. If you get an evo kit the 6psi would put you at 175-180 compared to the t25 which is a smaller turbo.

8. Jogenmaru