AMS FTMFW!!!

Discussion in 'Ralliart - Performance' started by 4g63lover, Feb 27, 2009.

1. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

And to answer that response ektor, i do plan on building this car up, but since they havent made an RA in a few years i cant just use the same parts as the od ra like the 08-09 lancers, im working on a ecu flash and exhaust to create a good overall power, and yes ams has made a bov for our cars but no ones made a new intake yet since its so new

2. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

this is exactly why i got the gts...i want to build it myself and since im studying automotive tech followed by performance tuning...i want to work on my own car (with some help, of course) + the fact that i couldnt afford an RA much less the EVO X...but i enjoy learning all there is to it, so its great for me... :D

3. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

See you are excused.. you have 16 years of experience building cars lol.. you are allowed :D

4. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

lol... thanks for the pass bro!

5. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Just did some reading on our good ol' RA. Seems from the factory that they run at 13-14 psi and drop to 7 psi at redline. This is in stock trim. So why is AMS claiming 18.5?????? Hmmmmm, thats right, another manufacture smudging thier numbers. :roll:

And another thing, the internals which are the same as the Evo can handle up to 23 psi. So all you would need is a $60 manual boost controller from none other than AMS. Turn that crappy 13 psis up to 21 and there is your new found hp. No need to to spend $500 on a flash and "boost pill".

6. LancerRA09

Well right now I'm going with new axle back exhaust and 3" down pipe, then its upper and lower inter cooler piping from buschur, then bov.

7. LancerRA09

Woo found out why it's making such low boost!!!

thanks to jRox on PL

8. SeRious08

9 psis :?: But in the first post he claims it was 18??????? Whats the real story...... :roll:

9. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

LOL...you guys crack me up. Yes, AMS is very good at what they do but I'm pretty sure they don't lie..

10. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

stock boost peaks at ~17/18 psi and drops to ~7/8 psi... with pill upgrade peaks higher and holds higher.

FYI... GST motorsports has seen a +52whp from boost pill and flash. On a mustang dyno.

11. SeRious08

Yeah and I have ocean front property in Arizonia.

12. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

LOL can I come visit Bryan?

13. SeRious08

Absolutely.

14. pogiboiuno

pogiboiuno Member

for any of you guys with the new RA. GST is offering their ECUFlash for FREE. so if you live around the NorCal area. hit them up.
    heres what he said on Clubralliart.com

15. Bom

Bom Member

The turbo is soo freaking small that it cannot keep the pipes filled at 18psi.

The turbo will spike really high to 18.5psi or whatever at about 3.5-4.5k rpms.
    After that the turbo is dying....
    The boost drops slowly all the down to 8 psi.

Ralliart turbo is a 200-300 hp turbo
    EVO X turbo is a 300-400 hp turbo

3500rpm - 16psi
    4500rpm - 18psi
    5000rpm - 12psi
    6000rpm - 8psi
    7000rpm - 6psi

16. hoygagoka

hoygagoka Well-Known Member

it would be nice to see AMS do some performance on the regular lancers.

17. Bom

Bom Member

AMS raised the boost via tuning the boost solenoid via ecutek...Also the boost pill aids in changing the boost characteristics...
    If you bought a boost controller and then set it so it hits 23psi...The RA turbo isn't going to stay 23psi to redline...the turbo is way too small
    to keep the pipes filled.

The evo can handle 30psi...but who said it makes power with that kinda boost. All turbo's have different efficiency ranges...

18. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

On a side note I saw two HEAVILY modified EVOs tonight sporting huge rear wings, AMS logos all over the cars, and one of them had a 10 point full roll cage. Was a pretty serious running ride, smelled like they were running race fuels.

19. LancerRA09

Thats true because our engines werent meant to hold 28 psi. They just wanted something that was more performance then the GTS without the price tag of an Evo X