AMS FTMFW!!!

Discussion in 'Ralliart - Performance' started by 4g63lover, Feb 27, 2009.

1. 4g63lover

4g63lover Well-Known Member

got this off of MWIR.net

http://www.mwir.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=48456&hl=

2. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

I regret getting the GTS even more now! :cry:

3. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

:lol: Don't ever trust a manufactures "claimed" dyno numbers. PERIOD.

I would be a little skeptical on this. Works in Cali has a flash available and sure as hell weren't able to pull 40+ whp. :lol: And now AMS, just out of nowhere crack the ECU and pull it???? :roll:

And honestly 240 whp at 21.5 psi sucks nuts. I'm at or slightly over 200 with only 7 psi.

4. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

^^ includes boost pill. That's where they are getting that last little bit of hp compared to other flashes. I also agree that it isn't "that" good, but to many on here this is going to look like gold. :D

5. SeRious08

Yeah, the same "boost pill" you can by on ebay that give you 100 hp. :lol:

6. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

does works have a flash for the RA? id love to look into getting one for mine

7. SeRious08

Not sure. I know they do for the Evo X, so I would assume they do.

8. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

hey serious have you been to a dyno recently??any charts you might wanna share???

9. LancerRA09

Would there be any difference with that aftermarket bov?

10. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

this shit makes me sick..... every major company goes for evo x and ralliart...what about us GTS and ES and DE guys???!!! I am so happy that RRM and even works is doing performance parts for the regular lancers instead of just taking evos and making them even faster than from factory... I wish we had options of what turbo kit to get, or anything else in that matter. I love RRM to death i support them all the way...( just to make it clear)

11. SeRious08

Not yet. I want to put about 2000 miles on the turbo for a break-in period. That way its gone through daily driving/abuse and give more accurate longer term numbers.

Just in sound and the release of the air quicker. Which has been debated all over turbo sites "which bov is best".
    Thats where the money is at. They know the people that buy Evos and RA have more money for tuning. Which is utterly BS. I could have bought one but I enjoy building my own. So I bought the GTS as a base to start with. Plus I look at it mathmatically.

GTS = $16k
    Turbo = $4500
    TOTAL: $20,500.00

I saved roughly $10k - $18k and I am right at the same whp as them stock and possibly faster. They weigh more :D

12. LancerRA09

Well ppl like me buy the RA because their jobs dont pay enough for the $4300 kit, so id rather pay a little more a month but to each his own, and with that ams bov, would i actually be able to hear it then?

13. SeRious08

Don't take this personally, but thats the problem with society today. You kids want it all "right now" and are unwilling to save and build it. I don't know about you but my monthly payments are $275 and $50 a month in full coverage insurance. I highly doubt your payments are $325. And by the way, I am in the military so if you think we are paid decent money, think again.

14. LancerRA09

well when i had my es i was paying 245 a month with 175 a month for insurance, and hardees is not better then the military

15. SeRious08

Should have kept the ES and saved $$$ and build the car the way you want.

16. LancerRA09

ya but with the money i was making, in the end its better for me to have my ra, its turbo, tail lights, hood, body style, six speed or auto over straight auto, just my opinion

17. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Instant gratification... now a days kids cant wait.. i bet my left bola that you are paying more a month for the RA than your ES.. that extra amount of money that you are paying a month for the car, plus insurance, plus gas that you are going thru showing off your RA, could have added up quickly and would have bought an awesome kit for your ES, and kill RAs with an ES... plus you would have earned the respect of everybody cause you had patience and were wise about your money...... and see, i could understand going with the RA if you are going to build a beast and have the money and want to start with a stronger base, but your BOV questions proves me that this is not your goal...

BTW (for your BOV questions) the only way you are going to "correctly" hear your current BPV or an aftermarket BOV is if you buy an aftermarket intake... Unless you go rice-a-roni and vent to air just to hear the pssshhhhhhhakaluuukasssshhhhhh and have your car running like crap (this applies to factory boosted car owners, not kitted ;)) The correct way to fulfill your need to hear your BOV is first to get an intake for your car... with the intake you will hear your turbo spooling and the stock BPV... normally this is not as loud as you would want, but its a start... later on you would have to get an aftermarket bov for your car (I dont know if they make them already to fit the flange) and recirculate it properly... even if you recirculate it, with an aftermarket intake you will hear it... last but not least, yes you usually get a bit of a gain with an aftermarket BOV, cause usually stock BPVs leak boost.... now again, if you are just wanted to sound cool and dont plan to spend some good cash on the engine bay in the near future, just get an intake (SRI/CAI whatever is available for the RA) and see how it sounds with the stock BPV and go from there..... :|

18. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

I don't know guys... I am actually looking at getting a RA myself rather then a regular Lancer... because I do want it out of the box lol...

19. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

:lol: bro I am too tired now adays to build cars... I have built to many in the last 16 years... Black on Black or Gold Wheels and call it a day...