AMG HID Kits

Discussion in 'AutoMoGlow.com' started by Automoglow, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Automoglow

Automoglow Well-Known Member

We are currently in process of manufacturing our MoGlow illumination true HID kits. This is a true HID kit not some cheap HID look. Our product will be a high quality kit to compete with other kits in the market, just at a much lower price.The follow is included in the package:
    * 2 HID bulbs
    * 2 HID ballasts
    * Harness
    * Complete hardware
    * installation instructions
    The color temperatures will range from 4000K-15000K
    The price has not been set in stone but were looking at around $230.00.this is approximately half of the price for top-of-the-line industry leading brands such as McCullough, Phillips. If you think that with half the price comes half the performance and features, you're wrong. Im just seeing if there are a lot of people on here interested in these kits if so we can set up a group buy and i can do them for 190.00 and i can make a first order!

Warrenty-1 year

2. Automoglow

HID Color chart

hid_kelvin_chart.jpg

3. Automoglow

OK all i need is 10 people for the group buy on my HID lights and i will be able to do them for 190.00+5.00 for shipping. If someone wants to be the one to get this together and get the orders together with bulb sizes and color temp it would be great or you could reply to this with the bulb type and color temp. I need at least 10 orders as soon as we get that ill advised for payment and then i will send the order

4. mcperika7

mcperika7 New Member

and these kits will work fine with the daytime driving lights? I heard a lot of talk about the bulbs being damaged because of the lower voltage running constantly. I would love to have some 12-15k HID's just want to be sure they'll work.

5. Automoglow

what year lancer is it? but i don't see a problem with it.. you may want to bypass the daytime running lights

6. mcperika7

mcperika7 New Member

its the 08 GTS, and you can't bypass the DRL's unless you reprogram the part of the ECU that controls the driving lights. Thats why I'm asking if your kit will be affected by this or not. There's other 9006 HID conversion kits out there that run at 35W low beams, but the DRL's I think are 17W or something in the area. I've heard a lot of talk about the low wattage being bad for the ballasts and also the bulbs. Is your kit going to be able to handle the low wattage of the daytime driving lights without harm to the bulbs or ballasts, or is it similar to a generic conversion kit where it's just plug and play?

7. Automoglow

Correct the HIDs will run 32.5-35 watts so if you DRL are running a lower voltage it could effect the ballasts thats why i would recommend bypassing the DRL to be safe. Some DRL run on full voltage.

8. mcperika7

mcperika7 New Member

Do you have a way to bypass the DRL's with your kit, because as of now there is no way to do that?

9. Automoglow

sorry i don't the best thing to do is Google it and try to find someone that has done it. I know people that have done it on other cars just not this one. There is always away to do it though. I look around for you too!

10. Automoglow

ok i did some research on the HID here is what people are doing you can also read the whole post here it has a lot of good information on HID kits for the lancer, but it looks like people are already running the HID kits.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread ... ing+lights

he switched his daytime running lights to the fog lights

now i run my fog lights as day time.
    low beam is HID
    high beam is still the same.

11. Patrickmann

Patrickmann Well-Known Member

How do they install exactly?

12. jPz

jPz New Member

so i'm a noob on this forum but are the hid kits still available?

13. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

this never went thru... stay tuned.. theres a plan cooking in the kitchen :D

14. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

whats the plan?

15. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

i like plans :blob:

16. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

How about free HIDs for me just cuz I'm cute... :D lmao

17. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

lol im just screwed......i have HID fogs lmao

18. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

I think the best thing to do (or at least thats what i am doing very soon, is to eliminate the whole low bean circuit...
    in other words, to not have anything connected to the low beam connectors, and use a relay circuit for the low beams (if you want HID fogs).. you would activate the relay with either the city lights or a separate switch.. in my case, i would do the city lights cause i would forget to turn them off every time lol

ill be doing this very soon...

19. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

The hid topic again lol. Well ive not been able to disable it. But i drive with my light on all the time no worries i guess. But here is another site that might give you the tools to diable the DRL. This was given to me by FLOW awhile back. Thanks again FLOW I was just to chicken to try it out myself.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/2008_Lancers ... wtopic=468

It's just my opinion but again i believe that the reason its so bloody hard to disable our DRL's is because Mitsu is looking at the aftermarket profits. All we have to do now is just Purchase their Projection Lamp assembly for 1200 bucks and the problems fixed. Go figure huh.