Aftermarket Stereo

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by lovemylancer420, Jul 18, 2007.

1. lovemylancer420

lovemylancer420 Well-Known Member

Okay, I have my system from my old car, Alpine HU w/ 12" Alpine Type S Sub & Clarion 450W Amp. Heres my problem, the dealer told me that I needed to buy the nav unit (without the actually computer--just to fit an AM head unit in) However, he told me that its going to difficult to find someone that knows what they are doing. Has anyone installed and aftermarket system in thier 08 Lancer? I am seriously missing my system, :? Ive done performance mods such as my rims and SRAI. Waiting on the muffler from RRM---but the lack of decent tunes is killing me. ALL HELP IS WELCOMED!!!! :lol:

CHEERS!

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

What kind of rims? post a pic.

3. Sp4rt4n

Sp4rt4n Well-Known Member

do you have tbe Rockford system or the stockk? I have stock and i find it more than adequate. Are you trying to blow your eardrums out or something? I guess I just enjoy having my hearing.

4. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

I am not sure what the dealer is talking about. I do not own a Lancer so I don't have any idea what the interior looks like. Can you post pictures or anyone post some pictures of the interior....

5. MontrealGTS

MontrealGTS Well-Known Member

Hey guys im an audio installer and once i get my car in on the 15th i will be able to help you with everything so just hang on it wont be long and i will hook you all up :D

6. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

Would you be able to make some sorta picture tutorail and a part list of what we will need to purchase so that we can install it all properly?

7. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

all you need is a consol kit you can have any head unit or whatever u want, you can wait till they have some kits or u can get one custom made maybe dude from Montreal or w.e can make one and sell it to us.

8. MontrealGTS

MontrealGTS Well-Known Member

You know it baby
    Once i get my car ill let everyone know

9. ViperF16

ViperF16 Well-Known Member

thats what i'm saying ... the rockford system is plenty for me. i work around jets all day so subs would just give me a headache ... besides all that does is weigh down the car ... isnt the idea of tuning trying to make the car faster and cut weight? i'm sure it will sound nice, but kinda headed in the wrong direction in trying to make the car faster ... but thats just me ...

10. lovemylancer420

i got my sub installed last week, buddy said hed love to sell me something for a HU but there was no point. so i just bought the rockford knob for the sub volume and paid 250 including shop supplies and 4gauge amp kit for the install. they did a great job and it sounds sick.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

let us know when youhave the new head unit in.

12. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

i have a stock radio. im just interested in installing 2subs and an amp. is that possible? sorry if its a nub question.

13. lovemylancer420

yes its possible. I took it to a place called speakercity, they did it for 250 for sub/amp instal, mounting, and a rockford fosgate control knob for the sub volume. They suggested I just leave in the factory HU as it was probably better than most aftermarket decks...

14. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

nice. our HU is that good? :D

i recently bought a kenwood package of 2x12' subs with an amp but without the subwoofer box for $200. i would have been installing it soon, but i recently go in an accident cause some fat b!tch tailgated and hit me.

15. nanonyc

nanonyc Well-Known Member

16. Guest

Guest Guest

I know i know i know its not a kickass whos ur daddy Lancer, but if ya do it right just do some trim cut and tuck with a universal dbl din dash kit and wa-la!

2003Octoberfest051.jpg

17. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

^now why would you put a honduh here, man?!?! :D

18. Guest

Guest Guest

its not but ur close

19. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

woah, i thought it was a honda civic too.

what is it?

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok ok. it came from a H...., but its retro fited into a old school mazda pickup