A nice looking slow car Lancer

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by REDGTS, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Payload

Payload Well-Known Member

yah manual beats cvt :D ... you can actually go to the redline and hit the limiter. Though it still annoys me that the limiter is on the red line.. last lancer i had i could go all the way to 7300rpm before it hit the limiter.

lol 75kmh in 1st? Manual gets to about 55kmh and then the limiter kicks in and just makes it to 100kmh in second. Havent gone any higher because i havent been down to a race track yet and 100kmh is the limit on the highway. One day ill get around to testing for top speed if i can find a long enough straight on a race track.

No wonder the CVT is so sluggish on take off with those sort of ratios.

2. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

you say you got spanked...wow that must have been bad...try learning your shift points properly, with the cvt it should be easy with no clutch for you to step on, shiftin is alot faster...i know im still trying to figure out my shift points...

3. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

i thought it's usually best to shift just above the torque peak... which on the new lancers is 4250 i think

4. testpilotx15

testpilotx15 Well-Known Member

if i remember correctly, the correct shift point is where the hp immediately before and after the shift are equal.

5. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

man all this debate comes down to one big question

CVT or MANUAL is faster?

just drive what u like and be happy!! =D but u cannot deny that manual your in for a less boring ride! unless someone proves me that paddle shifting is more fun than stick and clutch =D

6. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

what about us guys who dont have paddle shifting

7. REDGTS

REDGTS Well-Known Member

NOOO LISTEN TO ME plzzz

SST/Twic Clutch (EVOX's Automatic) Shftchanging is faster tha Manual for shureeeee

CVT and manual whch 1 is faster does not really matter

Because~~~~ Maunal car always have much much better contolling and they works really well "IN THE CORNER"

if you did watch BestMotoring (Japanese racing TVSHOW) , overall the EVOX (MR) automatic is still slower the GSR ( Manual) , but its really shame that GSR only have 5 speeds

8. REDGTS

REDGTS Well-Known Member

Easy
    you only need to turn lef turn right, step brake, step gas, 4 actions

fortuantely CVT D mode is still pretty fast

9. MasterAK

MasterAK Active Member

Look this comes from somebody who has 2 mazda 3's 2.0 (Auto) and a 08 Lancer ES 5 speed in his household. I have driven them both and the mazda feels very light but the automatic transmission holds it back. So if I would race the lancer manual with a mazda auto I'm confident that the lancer would win. If it happens that somebody races a Lancer MT with a mazda mt, The lancer would lose because of the extra weight, in your case You must have raced your lancer CVT against a mazda MT and that's even worse.
    The CVT is a nice transmission but it's not for performance. let's face it CVT uses a torque converter like all autos.

10. nicc79

nicc79 New Member

IN Aus the CVT VRX Lancer (and yes i do own one) are a awesome looking SLOW car

11. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

fortuantely CVT D mode is still pretty fast[/quote]

+1... i was going down a street doing about 60 mph in D mode and i hit the gas pretty hard not flooring it and at around 3,000 rpm the car picked up pretty fast an you could really feel it.. and it accelerated pretty good too... i just hate how its slow off the line but many people already mentioned that

12. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

the CVT does not have a torque converter.

13. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

heres my two cents..

Manual>CVT speed/fun wise
    CVT>Manual practicality wise

try sitting in traffic at 5 am with a manual tranny..

second: lancers look better then... anything.

14. Funk_Docta

Funk_Docta Member

Ever tried going to Jenny Craig? That might make your car faster. :D

But seriously, the CVT is quicker than you think if you know how to use it. You need to start off in paddle shift mode and then change to auto mode at a certain point. Im sure there was a thread about this somewhere here.

15. Corn

Corn Well-Known Member

I agree about starting CVT in sport mode (1st gear), then as it raises to 5000rpm, move back to "D". It should keep the rpm at max HP/Toque while the CVT works to keep you fast!

Anyone using gadgets like G-Tech? Try in different mode to get results.

16. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

I don't know but in my 22 years of driving I will say that manual always wins for me, I'm not that old...really. Did you drive with the AC on?, Was the other cars modified for speed or show?

17. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

its not the car its your driving
    i beat a dude in a mercedes sl500 the other day cus i cud outdrive him any day

18. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

i just got my passport G TImer today,works very well.

19. chinwachi

chinwachi Member

I have a 09 gts cvt and its seems to be slow as fuck off the line and i don't think it would win many races on a flat drag strip but when i'm ripping around corners and up an down hills i'm sure my chances of beating other cars are greatly improved...i think it depends on the driver and the type of driving. Yes the gts is slow but i like to think that I make it fast.

20. GTS_Rob

GTS_Rob Well-Known Member

+1 to the guy that no longer posts here