8G Lancer Crappy Paint Thread

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by LuvMyLancer, Mar 15, 2009.

1. leeminho86

leeminho86 Well-Known Member

Haha, I feel all your pain. I have an 09 and at least for mine they didn't improve the paint. Although black is harder to keep clean I snapped some pics of just my sides by the rear wheel well...and wow. Everyone that's seen it (tint shop, Honda owner, even my dad) can't believe it. I'm deciding whether or not to take it back to the dealership and see what they say (I've had it for 4 months).

Having trouble syncing the pics to my pc but I'll see what I can do...you may cry :lol:

2. leeminho86

Check it out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's after a wash and wax, the front has a ton of chips too, as well as a deep one in my driver side door up near the window :evil:

3. jorgeous8

jorgeous8 Active Member

oh my gosh! i didnt know that out paint job is some cheap ass thang. :(

4. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

You guys with paint issue, when was the last time you waxed and clear coated your car? I had this problem before I did this...now i wax my car about once every few months and i haven't had problems since...

...but yeah, Mitsu paint sucks...

5. Cousy14

Cousy14 Well-Known Member

i have scratches under all my door handles, but thats about it so far

6. leeminho86

I wash and wax my car every other week...as soon as I got the car I checked when it was manufactured to make sure I could put 2 coats of wax on it right away.

7. dogdog130

dogdog130 Well-Known Member

there is a company here that fixed all my scratch's for 50$ my car looks new agin i wonder how long that will last sense i am moveing out the the country into suburbia

8. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

i got all my key marks and then some removed, waxed, buffed, and washed for $60 today

9. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

I don't think mine can get buffed/waxed out... some of them ya but a lot of them are pretty deep.

10. Cousy14

how much is a whole new paint job??

11. LuvMyLancer

I think probably a lot!!

12. 09lancermatt153

09lancermatt153 Well-Known Member

my paint isnt really bad, it has some chips on the hood and on the back side skirt its so messed up from rocks and what not. but like once a week i find something and i hate it and im so crazy with keeping it clean!!!!!! 8O

13. LuvMyLancer

Well if I keep my car kinda dirty you can't really notice the scratches that much lol

14. hoygagoka

hoygagoka Well-Known Member

hahah :tongue:

15. Cousy14

yea thats true but my Lancer is black and it pisses me off when its dirty lol

16. LuvMyLancer

Yeah I bet :) I can never seem to get my car perfectly clean. Even if I spend 20 minutes washing it, when it dries the dirt is still there LOL

17. Cousy14

yea and those dang water spots, they also piss me off

18. LuvMyLancer

Yeah. I bought a Chamois thingie to try and take the water off but it gets soaked after I'm done the hood and then I can't use it on the rest of the car LOL

LAAAAME.

I wonder if I can use a Swiffer Duster on my car... :lol:

19. Pickasso

Pickasso Well-Known Member

ohhh so many problems .. so little patience .. :)) idk luv .. i have like a pretty darn big mark on my trunk .. idk exactly where that came from but i keep wondering if it is from the washing place where i usually take it ... but still they wash it with their hands .. and use like towels and stuff .. but still .. idk .. :|

but rest of the car is okai ... i just had one trouble when my car didn`t start ... like the nob wouldn`t turn and the screen said missing key .. but i just locked the doors and walked away from the car .. so the key would be out of the range .. and then it worked .. idk what was that .. but i got kinda scared there :))

20. sunstealth

sunstealth Well-Known Member

those cars suck in every department
    the paint is like finger color 21k kms on mine and I have a couple rust spots (comming from the INSIDE of the trunk,I am at primer/metal level on the rocker panel rear fender arch (mitsubishi wont cover more than 240$ to fix that...gbull shit, estimated price is 2156$ (lowest i found btw))
    oh and the interior is falling appart rear & front pillar airbag covers keep falling off rear package self buckles up and water gets in the car but nobody cant find the intrusive place :evil:

Im so fed up at this piec of crap engineering. NEVER ANOTHER JAPANESE CAR EVER

Back to the good ole Benz's if i ever can get some good money back outta that pos i still owe 19k on it (paid 26) and i can get maximum 15/16 k from it :x