8G Lancer Crappy Paint Thread

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by LuvMyLancer, Mar 15, 2009.

1. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Well, I just went out and took some pics of my car. I obviously couldn't take pictures of EVERY scratch but here's a few of them... This is so rediculous. I have never been so shocked by the shitty quality of a car in my life.

[​IMG]
    Front Driver's Side Tire

[​IMG]
    Rock Chip On Hood (one of them)

[​IMG]
    Scratches on Side Skirt

[​IMG]
    More Scratches and Rust Spot

[​IMG]
    Weird SandBlasting Effect, Drivers Side Rear Tire

[​IMG]
    More Scratches

[​IMG]
    More Scratches

[​IMG]
    More Rusty Spots

[​IMG]
    SandBlasting Effect on Passenger's Side Rear Tire

[​IMG]
    Hood

[​IMG]
    Another Scratch Down the Side

And this is only a handful .... like WTF... I'll never buy a Mitsu again and certainly won't be telling anyone else to buy one. Not if they're all like this!!

2. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

Re: 8G Lancer Shitty Paint Thread

Mines not like that.

3. ballmonk23

ballmonk23 Well-Known Member

my lancer only got 1 mark and its cuz my ex opened her door with the wind. lucky im not in the north like u and i dont worry about rust. Texas . i would change paint job. i got cool silver so if there are more i dont see them!

4. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

drivers who experience a lot of salt and sand during the winter will get this. my hood has chippings that are already starting to rust had has chippings all over the car. -1 for paint quality

5. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

First - No cursing in the title there Mod.... :D

Second - Sucks that you have had so many issues with the paint. I haven't had any. But I don't drive in the ice/snow/sand/salt either.

6. LuvMyLancer

^^ My bad, was just pissed... lol

Also, after I took these pics I was about to take my mom to go get ice cream and the bloody thing wouldn't start again! It rolled over and rolled over and rolled over but wouldn't fire.

I seriously don't get why my car is such a piece of shit. Definitely not worth the $30,000 price tag.

I'd sell the stupid thing if I could get the money for it but I can't.

7. SeRious08

Have you tried taking it to the dealership for the starting issue? I forgot....

8. LuvMyLancer

Yep. I've taken it there a couple times, actually. They keep telling me nothings wrong... (then again it always starts up perfectly for them!!). Obviously something IS wrong if it's not starting... bad sparkplugs? I dunno... It's frustrating.

I'm now gonna take a video everytime I start my car so I can get proof of it doing it haha.

9. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

^ i have alot of those on my hood, but i thought it was just from people who were jeolous and keyed my hood

10. LuvMyLancer

Yeah I'm not sure WHAT that's from... maybe my shoe hitting the side as I get in? Though I don't really run into my car.. haha I have NO idea.

I know behind the door handles are horrible from my rings. I think these cars will scratch if you even rub up against it with a zipper on your coat....

11. SeRious08

Yhey only applied one coat of clear on these cars. Thats why they scratch/chip so easily. If I would have know this in the beginning, I would have taken it to my buddies shop and had them apply a minimum of 4 more coats.

12. LuvMyLancer

I would've just bought something else... LOL.

13. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

You payed 30Gs for it... 8O

14. BlueDevilLancer

30 CAD. but i mean i paid almost 23 USD. and i dont even think my car even has a clearcoat

15. LuvMyLancer

I don't think mine does either. Seriously all you have to do is lean against it and it'll get a huge scratch... it's really stupid.

16. ballmonk23

ballmonk23 Well-Known Member

wow umm i getting paint changed to gunmetal. ty ill ask for extra coats wonder how much it runs?

17. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Wow you got it bad Luv! Ive had my car for almost a year and its not that bad! i have scratches but because of reasons!

Hurricane Ike in houston. Scrape on one door ( cant tell until ur personal with it )
    Hurricane Ike. Gash on my OLD GTS Back Left Rim

Passenger Doors. Lil bro keyed :evil:

I bet there are more but they might be so small i cant even tell they are there.

None on hood from what i can tell. All side skirts look good. Fenders to.

Hmm i wonder if the 09's got more CARE then the 08's cuz thats just straight BS to do that to loyal customers!

18. BlueDevilLancer

well today im heading to the local mitsu body shop to talk to them about my rust spots. i'll see what they say and report with any news within 24 hours.

19. BlueDevilLancer

so the rust spots can only be taken car of by touch up paint however, the other scratches are being taken care of by some wet sanding and a buff + was job.

20. l_lancer1

l_lancer1 Well-Known Member

i hate this horrible paint job! i got the same color an i drive in the winter, it sucks so bad bc i got a few scratches that i have no idea where they came from. older cars have better paint jobs an have been through more winters then mine has. id love to get this color but with better paint tho. the worse is my door handle, behind it just looks like somone took a key to it. WTH!!!