4b12 ('09 GTS Engine)

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Bryn1987, Mar 23, 2008.

1. lancer08tuner

lancer08tuner New Member

for fuks sakes this is what all you 08lancer owners do,,DONT BUY A 09 lancer its pointless and dont bother upgradeing the same parts as the 4B12 this is what you do

Buy a proper intake -

-Short Ram Intake Like $200 (if you want the stock box get a K&N Filtre $109 it doesnt void any warrenty)
    -Engine v2 Belt Pulley $129
    -Get a Proper Exhaust system (dont be cheap) Extractors/Headers, Stainless Steel Piping with a nice muffler set you like $2000-$5000 with everything

If your cheap just get a HIGH FLOW CAT BACK SYSTEM WITH A CANON OR MUFFLER $1500 at da most

Take it to your local atuo shop tell him to re tune the engine on the dyno and use 98octane fuel or higher no more den 105.2octane (i ran my car at that 1 time its 2 much power) so get your engine tuned using 98octane or higher...

then there ya have a 175kw 08 4b11 lancer that will shread the 09 GTS

and it didnt cost you a fortune

and if you want quciker off the mark 18inch light weight rimz with medium hard springs and lower the fuk out of the car

Then work on ya handeling Get Sway Bars Suspension Upgrade

Then Get a Light Weight Clutch with a heavy duty pad (for all you heavy foots out derr)

then ya got Like a 185kw lancer

2. lancer08tuner

lancer08tuner New Member

And after when you get your engine tuned if your machinc knows what he is on about he would tune it no more then a 3litre

My lancer was a 2.0litre but after all them mods and retune and thrown on the dyno

It was a 2.6Litre at 177kw @8.500rpm (NO Limiter)

(NOTE: Take off your limiter after your first dyno run)

My Car was tuned for perfection with all those mods and my car can rev up to 8.500rpm wit no problem but my machinc said if your revv past that you will cuase to much stress on your engine (bechasue there is no blow off valve to blow out accesive air)

im saving up for a turbo so yeah juss workin my ass off

3. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

^ So are you saying to ppl to not get the 09 all because ur 08 was heavily tuned? How about this ill take my 09 to ur mechanic and tell him to do what he did to yours and then we will see if your lil argument is worth saying to all of us?

All because u got an 08 and got pissed because the 09 has a slightly better engine dont try to force nonsense info like this on to this community.

Ppl look at like this. This lancer has been the most sexiest lancer to come out since the history of lancers. IMHO. so who cares if you got an 08 or 09? If your a heavy duty speed racer then yes you should be mad. But if you just love your car thats all that matters.

So my point is dont listen to anyone only yourself if you think trading your 08 for and 09 thats fuckin great. I drove both 08's and 09's i love the fact i chose the 09. I dont race like every fuckin day. but since i got the car ive whoopppppeeed so many cars. even the 08's (makes me sad to race the same car :() Also im not saying Lancer08tuner is wrong he is absolutely right you can make any car into a powerful machine but dont come in here with this bs.

but this sentence here "for fuks sakes this is what all you 08lancer owners do,,DONT BUY A 09 lancer its pointless and dont bother upgradeing the same parts as the 4B12 this is what you do" <<<should have not been used. Your making yourself seem like a dick. Thats not appreciated.

4. DVHopeful

DVHopeful Well-Known Member

the 09 has seen pretty good results of mods from RRM products. its getting more air flow, and the turbo out for it is putting out more hp also. 09 mods are out, and they respond better than the 08s bc the air flow. overall a better buy