4b12 ('09 GTS Engine)

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Bryn1987, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

so other then info that it'll have about 10 more HP and will only be available on the '09 GTS... is there any other info out there? any info about mods? any info if the 4b11 parts will fit on the 4b12? any info about the TCS?

2. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

Hail the all knowing Wiki!

3. Bryn1987

4. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member

Looking inside the 09 Lancer at the Chicago Autoshow, it had different gauges as well. They were blue with a awkward looking kinda font. Didn't really like them, the ones in the 08 are way better.

5. Bryn1987

really? blue? i like the red :(

6. AKVvirus

AKVvirus Well-Known Member

^ +1 gotta love wiki!!

7. REDGTS

REDGTS Well-Known Member

19 horsepower higher? omg

For those 08 lancer owners, seem like civic SI is not our biggest enemy, it s 09 lancers!

i really wanna test acclerating with the 4b12, see how much is it faster than our 4b11's

8. Bryn1987

Still looking to see if parts are gonna be interchangable...

9. REDGTS

REDGTS Well-Known Member

even it is interchangable, are you gonna remove ur engine and change some of the 4b12part?

then the labour must be so damn expensive, probably near a thousand

10. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

you might as well waited for the 09'

11. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

its only 16hp more... is that REALLY worth it? seeing u could get 08 for cheaper once 09 comes out

12. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

Likely the only difference are intake flow improvements.

13. Bryn1987

i'm not talking about swaping an '09 GTS' engine for a 4b11, i'm talking about are the mods for the '08 currently out going to be compatible w/ the 4b12

sorry to burst ur bubble... but '09 is only about $500 cheaper... ur getting a better engine, bluetooth, keyless entry... and there was 1 more thing to add to the list that i forgot, all for the same price as the '09 w/ both having the same package, sun/sound

14. Funk_Docta

Funk_Docta Member

Can't you get an extra 16HP (at the flywheel) just from modding the existing 2 litre Lancer? Plus, the 2.4 Litre model would be heavier so its not like you will see 16HP worth of improvement in performance.

15. Milagro

Milagro Well-Known Member

the engine is just stroked and board ( sp? )

it's also k or so more expensive. Swung by the dealer to show him my mods and look at the 09.

16. Bryn1987

thats where ur wrong, the '09 model has 16 more HP + is only SLIGHTLY heavier... so not only are u getting more HP, but also a better power to weight ratio... read the specs, i'll use GTS manual for an example...

'08 GTS

152HP @ 6000RPM
    3032 lb
    19.94 lb/HP

'09 GTS
    168HP @ 6000RPM
    18.22 lb/HP

so as u can see, u have less lb per HP on the '09 GTS... a pretty nice improvement imo... about a 9% drop in the ammount of weight each HP has to push...

i'll quote myself from another thread...

17. REDGTS

REDGTS Well-Known Member

its not really that much heavier

how much $ you need to spend to gain that 16HP? cai+ fulll headerand exhaust, included the labour, total 1500 at least

$100 for each 1HP lol

18. Bryn1987

^ and on top of that, don't forget u can "ALSO" mod the 4b12... so in the end, it'll always have that 16HP advantage ftw ;)

19. DirectorSe7en

DirectorSe7en Well-Known Member

Wow, when it's put like that, makes it seem like a waste....

20. kennyjai

kennyjai Well-Known Member

i really like the 4b12 but as far as im concerned im not too HYPED for 16hp and those numbers arent whp so im pretty happy with my 4b11 not gon complain =D