$40 H.I.D why not!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Benchinapark, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Benchinapark

Benchinapark Well-Known Member

finally ordered some. i will post pics when i get em in

2. Benchinapark

Benchinapark Well-Known Member

PICS!

Some Intense a* LEDs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The HIDs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pretty Cool pic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Im Cool Like Ico
    [​IMG]

3. JDMFanatik

JDMFanatik Well-Known Member

looks good! im starting to think that ddm probably sent me the wrong bulbs. ive got 5000K and mine seems to be a tiny bit more blueish than yours. im waiting on my new ballast to come in. got mine soaked with water so had to order new ones. hopefully i can get some pics to show how mine looks like.

4. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

How did your end up getting wet, from like rain or were you cleaning out your engine bay or something??? I just installed my HID's yesterday and I love them. I got the 55W 5000k Set. Very easy to installed and works great with the DRL Bypass kit that jRox sells.Should I be worries about my Ballast because its like down poring now....

5. JDMFanatik

i used the sticky pad and put it right behind the side fenders. shit didnt even stick well enough and little did i know it was just hanging in front of the wheel well. if youve seen them, there are slits/holes there and it was raining that day. so the ballast was right by the opening. i didnt even know that they were just hanging there. just make sure your ballast doesnt get splashed or anything.

6. Mpitera

Thanks for the heads up...I'll have to check them now because its been raining bad here all day. idk if you ever checked out the instructiong guide that jRox put up for his DRL Bypass kit, but I put my Ballast right where he put his....is that where you put yours?? if so othen i'm gonna either have to move them or cover them w/ something.

7. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

It doesn't really matter if they get wet or anything, just not drenched like yours sound like they did. Everything has to be water-proof when it comes to wiring and such. Normal use you don't have to be worried about, but just check em every now and then, and I would recommend using zip-ties. Zip-ties ftmfw.

8. Greell

Greell Active Member

You don't have much to worry about in the way of water/rain if you mount the ballasts inside the drive train if you mount them somewhere reasonable. Unless the weather is totally ridiculous where you live and you're driving in high water (and then the concern is water splashing UP from under the car)---then don't worry about it.

Here's some pics of where I mounted my HID ballasts (these ARE NOT the HID kits in the title of this thread)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You'll notice that they're right where the fenders meet the hood, meaning you would assume water would rush in. I've never once had water get inside when its pouring rain. and I've never had a wet / damaged ballast, and these have been installed for over a year.

as far as the fog-lights....If you are concerned, you can water-proof-wrap them...using a plastic-lunch bag (cheap way) or element proof bags (a little more expensive)---and use heat-shrink (cuz you'll have to obviously cut wholes for the ballast wires, and then heat-shrink it closed, to seal it for protection)----

that way if you are worried about it coming lose, and potentially getting splashed....you've got nothing to worry about.....

ALSO-----you DO need a DRL flicker eliminator (whatever you want to call it. it is what it is. like the one from jRox) ONLY for the lo-beams....

You DO NOT need one for the HI-Beams or the fog lights.

I know nobody has asked that specifically in this thread, but I've noticed around this and other boards, people seem confused as to what it goes to. I just figured i'd clarify it now.

9. JDMFanatik

they came with instructions?!? lol i never did.

yesss, zip ties ftw. i just didn't have them right by me at that time.

@Greell

thanks, ill be putting mine there now too.

10. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Do not do what Greel said. No offense. It is not good to wrap them, being as they are where all the heat go for the bulbs. Ever notice that hid's run a lot cooler than halogens? That's why. The ballast is what converts the energy from the stock plug, and turns it into the hid. If you get what I'm saying. Lol. The ballast is the converter for the hid system is a good way to think about it.

11. Mpitera

I followed the instructions that were on the thread. If you go to the bottom of the 1st post, you'll find them.