$40 H.I.D why not!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Benchinapark, Aug 9, 2009.

1. chelecuche

chelecuche Well-Known Member

i just order one! it lookd very nice man!

2. Benchinapark

Benchinapark Well-Known Member

damn i want my paycheck already! lol
    i thin ive worked more than 15 hours already and its only been a week

3. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Hey man whatever works lol. I guess it doesn't really matter where you get your HID's as long as they look how you want. I'd just really like to see some 55w 8000k and 35w 8000k to decide. The wattage won't change anything other than the color correct?

4. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Those restoration kits are a complete waste of money, IMO. The absolute best thing to do: get some 2000 grit wet sandpaper, soapy water, and a rattle can of clear. Sand the housings until clear, wash off and let dry. Then, put 3 or 4 coats of clear on them. I've done it countless times...

5. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

Nice thanks for the tip. I'm going to be getting a HID kit soon w/ the DRL switch by pass. I like the whole white clean looks.

6. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

That's what I did. Except I used some 600 grit sandpaper, not 2000. My dad bought this restoration kit type thing, and my headlight had some stuff built up on it, and the little pads from the kit weren't working. So I was like f*** this, I'm getting me some sandpaper. Went and grabbed that and just started doin work on em. It worked, and I really like my headlights now. They used to be yellowy. And the wattage doesn't really change the color per se, but the 55 watt washes the color out a little. Also, 55 watt ballasts put out more lumens through the bulb, so they're brighter.

7. Greell

Greell Active Member

40 bucks eh? Not bad....at that price, it gives me a reason to install HIDs for my HI Beams----hey, why not? :D

8. BringDownTheSky

BringDownTheSky Well-Known Member

(computer messed up, delete this post please :p )

9. BringDownTheSky

BringDownTheSky Well-Known Member

eh. go 600, 800, 1000, 2000 and you're golden. forget the clear. just put some scratch remover on it. brand new. did it on mine.

as far as these HIDs go, for sure picking up a pair when i get the money.

10. Benchinapark

anybody buy this kit yet? and recieve it?

11. Mpitera

I'm going to be ordering them within the next day or soo (unless i hear otherwise about the quality) so as soon as I get them I'll let everyone know.

12. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I've had the 55 watt 5000K kit for about 3 months.

13. Mpitera

Does anyone know the bulb type?? i'm looking for the Normal Headlight not High beams

14. Benchinapark

that would be 9006 sir!

15. Mpitera

Thankkk you

16. Mpitera

17. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Any pictures yet? Lol I'd really like to see the 55w 8000k bulbs. I'm trying to match my city lights from AMG as best as possible. Anybody know what kit looks best?

18. JDMFanatik

JDMFanatik Well-Known Member

19. Greell

Greell Active Member

hmmm, for 40 bucks....it gives me a reason to install them for my Hi-beams....at 130 + for good ones in the past its a waste, but for 40 bucks...like you said, why not?

20. Benchinapark