$40 H.I.D why not!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Benchinapark, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Benchinapark

Benchinapark Well-Known Member

hey guys,
    so my friend recommended this site to me since he got his HID kit from this website for his evo

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=102&parent=85

they seem to be very reputable and apparently they are co sponsored with the BMW forums
    so yeah man! 40 for a kit. thats pretty good

let me know how they go! ill be getting a set my next pay check!

thanks for lookin!

2. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Think their compatible with jrox's bypass?

3. Benchinapark

^^ any HIDs are sir

4. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

YES!!! Buy from DDM. They are a very good, and helpful site. I bought my 55 watt 5000K hids for my 03 Lancer from them, and I love them. A friend of mine bought his 55 watt 12000K from them and told me that they were very good, and even being that high of a Kelvin, they are still very white. I recommend them highly.

5. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

The color of the bulbs shouldn't change throughout different brand products should it? Because I want 8000k bulbs but if I get them and they look like 4000k I'll be a little pissed lol.

6. Benchinapark

noo they dnt change
    DDM is pretty reputable soo yeah i trust them

7. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'm mostly worried about looks but also about cops. One of my friends says he's gotten pulled over a few times for having too high kelvin.

8. Benchinapark

yeahhh i know what you mean ^^^
    personally 6000K is perfect
    and 8000K is a lil too blue imo
    soo im gettin 6000K fasho!

9. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Yeah but I like a little blue lol. I really want something that will match AMG's white city lights. Their a little blue so that's what I'm looking for.

10. 1slowlance

It depends if you get 55 watt or 35 watt ballasts. The 55 watt will give you a white light no matter what Kelvin you get, just about. A friend of mine has 12000K 55 watt, and they look like 8000K's kinda. They're somewhat blue, but still pretty white. I bought a 55 watt 5000K from DDM, because I wanted a white light that was really bright, and I got it. I like just straight white, with no blue. Looks better to me, but to each his own. Just pay attention to if you get 55 or 35 watt ballasts.

11. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

So your suggesting a 55W if you what the bring White look rather then a blue/color? I personally aggree with you in thinking that the white looks alot crisp/cleaner/nicer

12. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

That's weird because isn't AMG's kit a 55w kit? And I've heard theirs is a little blue if you want it to be.

13. 1slowlance

I'm not saying that 55 watt kits can't BE blue, but when you're in the lower Kelvin range, they tend to be just really white. If you're up in the 10/12 Kelvin, they're somewhat blue. It also depends on where you get the kit from. I know DDM's 55 watt kits are usually really bright and white. But, you can also get custom colors from certain places like 3b no matter what wattage or Kelvin. I know of a few sites that do that, but I have found that DDM kits are the best. They look the best, they're the easiest to install, they are slim ballasts, so they don't take up much room. Just an all around good product.

14. spentplsr711

spentplsr711 Member

I pickin me up some 10000. Had them in my Pathfinder and never had any problems with the cops. This is a great price so Iam going to get low and high beams.

15. 1slowlance

Don't buy high beams. The high beam hid kits are a scam. To use your high beams, you first need to turn them on. So, you turn your highs on, your lows turn off, then the highs come on and take about 10-15 seconds to fully warm up and reach maximum light output. So, unless you drive down a lot of dark country roads, or go off roading and need high beams in your Lancer ES because low beam hids aren't bright enough, then they aren't worth it. Just putting my opinion and thoughts out there for you to take into consideration.

16. spentplsr711

spentplsr711 Member

Yea thats cool. I do all night driving on dark roads so any extra light I can get is helpfull. If they put street lights up then if wouldnt be bad but in farming areas they tend to not put street lights. I had aux lights on my truck just because of how dark the roads are.

17. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

The kit I have is a 55W kit...and mine are stille good bit of blue. I may get these just to get them...but I'm have to get a new set of headlight housings. The driver side has started to haze a bit and I can't get rid of it.

18. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Where did you get yours lancer2quick?

19. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Ha...eBay. Honestly, I have no complaints about them. Hell, even came with a warranty. The ballasts are not the slim type, but it was all plug-and-play...hardest part was finding a mounting place.

20. spentplsr711

spentplsr711 Member

Dont replace your headlight housing. They have a headlight restoration kit that will make it look like new. It is easy to do and works great. Only costs about $20-$30. Any auto parts store carrys it.