2011 Lancer GTS Progress (RI)

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by hyperlite662, Jun 13, 2011.

What front lip should i buy?

1. Front bumper center lip

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Front bumper V-lip

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. hyperlite662

hyperlite662 Well-Known Member

Just bought a 2011 Lancer GTS the other day stock.
    I did a few things to it listed below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still have much more to do.
    Would like to put on Headers, Intake, Exhaust, Tint, Tinted Tail lights/ break light, front lip to fill the gap, Etc.
    if you guys have any suggestion to what i should buy please dont hesitate. post what it is an where to get it. first lancer so im looking for some help.

thanks.

and ill keep updating as i go.

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Looks good so far. Recommend a drop and rims first.

3. hyperlite662

thanks, an im not goin to be able to drop just yet. an the rims i will buy an possibly powder coat them at our shop.
    anyone know any good parts to get?

4. moosemeister

moosemeister Well-Known Member

Jealous of that color man. Love the blue Lancers!

5. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

nice color

6. hyperlite662

thanks.
    i saw the car an fell in love with the color.
    the dealer i was buying it from had someone else asking for it, but i got it haha. hey what can i say it sold me on the car haha.

7. Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

Thats the color I origionally wanted. Got a good deal on mine though. You might want to get the EVO plate mount in front and tint the windows. You can paint the engine and spark plug cover too. Its easy and cheap. Good luck man!

8. hyperlite662

just ordered the INJEN® SP Series Short Ram Intake System will show pictures and possibly before an after video.

idk about the plate mount. dont wanna drill holes in the bumper. so ill leave it off an keep it in the trunk. i have the rubber plugs in the front so if i need to pop it on im good haha. till then ill roll without it

9. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

welcome to LT! theres quite a few of us from the northeast including RI, CT, MA, and NY. my question to you is what is more important? performance or looks?

10. hyperlite662

thats great.! if anyone ever wants to meet up let me know. and im goin to say both haha. im goin for looks and performance. ill do some looks then some performance back and forth. intake is on its way and today im tinting my tail lights an this weekend i think im goin to get my windows tinted.

on top of that my father owns a powder coating booth you could fit your car in, so if anyone needs something done pm me ill get a quote for ya.

11. Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

Trust me man the hardest thing I did was take a drill to my bumper! I spent 45 min and marked it 3 times before I was comfortable (kinda) with drilling holes. If you do it use a small bit and drill a pilot hole first then go larger. Dont be suprised if u have to trim with an exacto knife. You want the plugh to fit tight so be careful.

12. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I love the blue on the newer lancers. Graphite gray and that blue just sit perfectly with me.

Im looking to get my turbo manifold powder coated to help keep the heat in. You think you'd be able to help me out with that.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

13. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Seeing all these new members make me want my lancer back :(

14. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

go buy jakes ralliart from him. LOL

15. hyperlite662

yea we will be able to do that. ill talk to my father about prices. what color you looking to do? an ill get some color samples.
    send me a picture of it also.

actually pm me haha.

16. hyperlite662

update
    [​IMG]

tinted tail lights, break light, plasti dip spray trunk button.

17. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

looks awesome...i might my sedan with tinted tail lights haha

18. hyperlite662

thanks :) my INJEN intake is on its way so ill post pictures soon

19. Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

Did you take the trunk button off or just mask it?

20. hyperlite662

took the button off very easy. open lid, then remove the cover. then unscrew 2 small screws an its off. very easy. i recomend doin this :)